Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello - New to LDR

Hello Everyone,

My name is Vanessa, I am 24 years old my boyfriend, Tristan, is 22 years old. We have known each other just under a year, and only recently started dating. He recently moved to England (January 8th 2019), while I am here in Canada. I almost feel silly posting in here since our relationship is so new however I was hoping to get tips and tricks from those who have made it work.

I currently work for the Canadian Military, it's actually how we met. He recently released in order to join the British Army for better opportunities there for him. The future plan, if we are able to make things work, is that I will move there as I had never planned on staying at my current location (Just never imagined moving countries). Currently our plan is for me to go visit him at the end of the month, while we know this is a bit soon its also because it was one of the only times I will most likely be able to go within the near future. We are also hoping it will help him with his transition a bit since this will be his first time being away from his family. In February I will leaving to go on a trip with my mother so then our next visit won't be until march at the earliest, then as of April I leave for 4 months of training with the military. The hope is I'll be back in August and he can visit but then he MIGHT be gone on his training as of September which would then be his 4 months training. It doesn't help that we are in the "honey moon" stage of our relationship, so we know everything will get much harder before it gets any better.

For him I am his first girlfriend; but, for myself I have been there done that and have a bad past. In our relationship the only thing I am worried about is that I will do something that will cause him to get hurt. It is my biggest fear.

With all this mind, and with keeping my eyes out on the forums, I am hoping to gain some real knowledge from other people going through relationships; while not the same as me, that may give me advice and information to help my relationship.

Well hopefully that is enough information about us, thank you so much in advance for any help and support you may give and I look forward to talking with everyone in the forums.

Vanessa

Hello, and welcome.
    You will surely find advice and support here. There are groups, articles, blogs, merchandise, and even an anonymous section where you can post sensitive things if you feel the need (though I believe you need to have been a member for 30 days).
    Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
    X