Wisconsin & Mumbai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wisconsin & Mumbai

Hi there!! Thanks for letting me join this group!
    So a quick bit about me:
    I’m 38 single mom of a teenage girl, been single for 8 years and have surprisingly found myself very much in love with a 26 year old man from india🤦*♀️😂
    Got back from my first visit over there this past Monday and I returned sorta engaged 😁♥️ He has asked my daughter for her permission to marry me and asked her if he could be part of our family last night to which she said yes to so now we are officially engaged!! It was important to both of us that he asked my daughter before it would be official.
    So as of now the plan is to return to India in August, this time with my daughter and get married over there, then pursue a spousal visa.
    This relationship sure isn’t what I had wanted, isn’t convenient, easy to explain to others, easy to emotionally handle cuz of the distance nor cheap but this relationship and this man are so much more awesome than I knew was possible so I wouldn’t change a thing! Well the 12,726 miles between us I would but that’s all😂

Welcome! None of our relationships are easy to comprehend I think; I'm 26 in Minnesota and he's 30 on the 11th in Ghana. He kind of initiated the relationship out of the blue while I'm still getting to know him haha. He knows my past and is very understanding though.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome!!
      How did you and your man meet?

Comment

I was just browsing a dating site out of boredom not thinking I would get lucky enough to find someone again. Looking at his profile he sounded like everything I needed that I was never able to have and it said he lived in my state. Turns out his step mom actually lives here not him! After what happened to me I was reluctant about him because he's in Africa-but I never seen someone prove to me as much as he did that he was legit. Our relationship kind of bloomed out of mowhere afterwards however I am still taking it slow and waiting for the right time to say 'I love you'.

Comment

How long have you known this guy...?
          sigpic

Comment

Not even a month yet. I didn't intend on something blooming already, it is what it is though.

Comment

No offense, but would he be happy if you decided to move there? It is pretty difficult for someone from that region to get access to the US. Proposing a single mother (not esteemed in that culture, unfortunately) after four months of knowing her makes one leery of ulterior motive. Please don't blow off my concern...I have some experience with this...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by desertrose92 View Post
                Not even a month yet. I didn't intend on something blooming already, it is what it is though.
                Asking the OP, btw
                sigpic

Comment

Ooooooh, got it sorry lol

Comment

I’m not sure if your talking to me or desertrose92?
                    In my case it doesn’t matter to either of us whether he came here or I went there or we found a new country, because of my kid and because of him having a masters in computer science and years of IT experience, the US seems like the logical choice.
                    I may have only been dating him for close to 5 months but there’s many, many people of all ages in the USA and across the globe that I’ve talked to that have known him for years that can vouch for him because of him being the co creator of a pretty popular fb group. I’ve also been to his house and have met some of his family. I understand the concerns of the situation, I would be concerned if I heard my story too😂
                    He’s never ever once asked me to do, give, pay for or sponsor anything and his mom was also a divorced woman with a son when she got remarried so this isn’t a totally new experience for his family.

Comment

Working...
                    X