Hi everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everybody!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this website and find the entire website/setup mildly confusing, but I thought it would be nice to join a website all about long-distance relationships because I've been struggling with mine to a certain extent. I guess I'm hoping to find advice or some sense of community here. I don't know how many people will interact with me though so Im worried I'll just be figuratively shouting into the void.

Anyway, my name is Flo and I'm from the US, a beautiful country that I definitely have a love/hate relationship with. My wonderful partner is from UK and he is an angel that has been sent to bless me because he is legitimately the most amazing person I know. We're both relatively broke college students, so it's not feasable for us to visit each other very often. :/ It's daunting being in a long-distance relationship; I'm committed and willing to put in a lot of work, but also part of me feels like there's no way I can handle this.

More just about me, because this is the Introductions forum, I guess... well, I could list some random facts about me, or some of my hobbies, but I'm not sure how well that really describes me. I'd say I'm a compassionate, opinionated person who cares deeply about the multitude of injustices that are everpresent in the world, past, present, and certainly future. I struggle a lot with finding motivation for myself, for schoolwork, for other responsibilities, really for anything, but I can be a hard worker, and when I do my work I do a good job. Like I said, I'm opinionated, and my opinions sometimes result in me being more judgemental that I need to be. I'm working on it, and I think today I am a lot less judgemental than I used to be, because I've realised that we are all people, we all do dumb stuff, and other peoples' business is just that... their business. Maybe all this tells you a little more about who I am, ut also I'll say, I love dogs, cooking, and long walks on the beach.

Hi Flo and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
    X