Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heey everyone

Heey everyone,

I am new to this site/forum so an short introduction wouldn’t be a bad thing I guess.

My name is Lisa and I live in the Netherlands.
    For as long as I can remember I am not really interested in guys living in my own country. It’s because I always had the feeling that I do not belong here and on the age of 13 I knew for sure that I am going to emigrate one day. Asking someone to move with me to the other side of the world seemed unfair so I kinda closed myself of from getting to know potential boyfriend material here.

I have been in a long distance relationship before for 1,5 years with a guy living in Turkey. We decided to break up after his father gave him an ultimatum. We were both pretty young and although we loved each other very much it didn’t seem fair to me that he would be kicked out of the family because of me. However I am forever grateful for the time I spend with him.

After being single for a long time and living my life to the fullest I fell in love with someone overseas again. We know each other for 4 years now, I did my internship in Suriname where he lives, and last December we got back in contact after I decided to text him. We haven’t been dating during my internship but he has been on my mind every now and then ever since. We are not in a relationship because we haven’t seen each other for a long time. But we both do like each other a lot, we videocall at least once a week and we text each other a lot. In July I am going to Suriname and I am finally going to see him again. I am super excited to find out if we connected in real life the way we do now.
    Last edited by Junglebook; May 2, 2019, 07:56 AM.

Welcome! Im from The Netherlands too and kinda feel the same about living here lol.

hope things go well between you 2!

Comment

Thank you! Nice to have another Dutchman here

Comment

Welkom! Hoe gaat het met jou? I have lived in the Netherlands for a few years, I keep quite a good memory of it
        I can relate to the feeling of not being attracted to your countrymen. That's just the way you're wired!

It's good news your crush is Surinamese, since there is quite a huge community in the Netherlands. If your trip leads to something more than just friendship (fingers crossed!), he could easily feel at home in The Netherlands.

Succes and keep us posted!

Comment

Thank you Ranidae, met mij gaat het goed
          I decided after my internship that I want to move to Suriname. So having him there is a nice thing. But even if it leads to just friendship I am going to move there after my study.
          I don’t think he could easily feel at home here since he works as a guide and spends most of his time in the jungle. But if all this chatting and calling leads to a relationship I definitely want him to come over someday.
          But I have over 2 months left before I am going to see him so I focus on that first.
          I send him a letter yesterday because I promised that 2 months ago already. I am very curious how he reacts on it haha.

Comment

Working...
          X