New and could use support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and could use support

Hello, I'm new here and in my first ldr. We met online. I'm 35 and he's 31. I have children and he does not. Not sure what else to say since this is just an intro. But truth be told he just left again from our visit and I feel completely devastated and lost. It feels like a break up every time we part except he's still being his sweet self via text and calls but I can't hug and kiss him and it's making me crazy.
    Could use support and encouragement.
    Thank you!

Hello and welcome.
    I could've written that intro myself. A couple of differences, but not many.

Comment

Welcome on this forum
      I had a ldr before and I never really got used to these goodbyes, I always cried so much every time.
      But I in time I learned that keeping myself busy helped me so much to make the time go by quicker.
      And it turned into a healthy kind of sadness and missing him, after a few days I still missed him but I knew that we didn’t have another option for that time.
      So give yourself the time to be sad and to miss him and start doing nice things with friends etc. so being apart from each other will get a bit easier.

Comment

Thank you both for the reply! So, it's day 3 since I saw him and I'm feeling better. I hit the gym and am sticking to my health and fitness routine and that really helps me so much. Every time I get a pang of sadness and insecurity, he comes to my aid in his reassuring and sweet nature and I realize that this is worth it! I can do it. The support from this group is helping already.

Comment

Hi, welcome

To me, forum also helped a lot and it's still my go to place when i feel sadness. There is just something about knowing that there are other people living through these feelings...
          When i came to forum i was actually searching online for ways to not have Post visit depression.. Because whenever we went apart i would just cry for DAYS. Especially first day.. i would cry in bus, then i would hold myself up in public transportation but the minute i came home it was just - lay down and cry.. So i read here that i won't get used to it, or at least that i will never not feel empty when i leave him. But actually, for me it happened that i got used to it. I somehow manage to come home and not cry and just continue with my life. But it didn't happen without my effort.. I always plan to leave early morning and have busy day after that.. and since im not in any overseas relationship we see each other often, at least once a month, so maybe it already happened so many times that i don't react like that physically anymore. I'm just sad and miss him but it's bearable.
          Just whatever you see that it helps you, do it

Comment

Working...
          X