Just joined could use some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just joined could use some advice

Hello! I am new here. I am in an ldr with an amazing man. He lives in Ohio and I live in Virginia. I have social anxiety and he has high functioning Autism. He doesn't drive and just recently got a job after not having one for a very long time. I don't have a car right now and I don't have a job either but I am actively looking.

We haven't been able to see each other in person yet for many reasons but I hope we can soon. Anyway, this is my first relationship of any kind and I love this man with all of my heart. He makes friends with females easier than males and I usually have no problem with that. We get each other really well. He tends to care too much sometimes with certain people.

For example, he has a new female friend who is also one of his co-workers. My problem with this one is he has invited her to move in with him. She doesn't have the best living situation so I am trying really hard to understand. I don't want to lose him. I have introduced myself to her on Facebook messenger we talked a little bit. She seems like a really nice person but I feel they are moving really fast with their friendship. My man and I have been in an ldr for years before he met her.

I was completely honest with him about everything and he said that made him happy and that nothing will change between us. I trust him. I am just having trouble being ok with them living together. How do I deal with this? He said he won't listen to anyone when it comes to her.

Plus, he lives in his mom's condo even though she is living with his grandmother now, she still pays the bills there and he hasn't told her about his friend moving in she would be in his mom's bedroom. I don't want to come off as jealous or anything just concerned and my anxiety isn't helping. I have never felt this way about anyone before. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and feel free to talk to me if you need a friend.

It sounds like you're in a place where you're trying to decide where your boundaries lie, and what you're comfortable and aren't comfortable with. Some of your boundaries may also be determined by how much you trust your partner, and it's totally okay for that to play a role. At the same time, it is his living space and it's okay for him to decide what to do with it.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum

It is great you talked about your feelings and let him know how you feel about all of it. It surely is not easy when someone else moves in with your partner that you could not even meet yet. Does he plan to help his friend out only for a while til she finds something to make her current living situation better or will it be more a long term thing?
      Also what does he mean with "he won't listen do anyone when it comes to her"?

Comment

Working...
      X