Ldr Newbie :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ldr Newbie :)

Hi people of the internet, my name is Shelby and I am 19. So, just wanted to introduce myself to y'all and say that I have only been in an Long distance relationship now for about 3 and a half months. In that time, I have found my first boyfriend, one of my closest friends, and hopefully my future husband, Lord willing. I know that sounds like a lot for a first boyfriend, but I believe that God truly brought this wonderful man into my life for all the right reasons. Sadly, he lives three hours away, and we cannot truly be together until I graduate college in 3 years. So, that means that this relationship is gonna be hard and incredibly wonderful all at the same time. I'm so happy to have found this community and I pray that it strengthens me in my relationship.

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Hi Shelby, welcome to the forum. This place is great, I hope you enjoy the forum.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thank you red heart! I’m looking forward to it 😊

Comment

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted.

Comment

Thank you! Will do 😊

Comment

Soo it’s been a hot sec 😂 lives been well um, lets just say complicated. The long and short of it is, my family and I are fighting. And it’s not your typical teen parent fight, ya know like about sneaking out past curfew or talking back, no it’s about how my boyfriend is apparently ruining my life 😢 Personally, I have never been happier 😊 I mean he not only is willing to drive 3+ hours too see me, but he is also willing to give up his off days at work to come and see me. He literally came for four days around the fourth just to spend time with me and celebrate our first anniversary together 😊 we’ve officially been together for 4 months and I’m so beyond happy I met him 😊 he’s truly a wonderful guy and he makes me feel even more special and helps strengthen my faith too. So, when he left, it hurt to have my family hurt me in order for me to want to spend more time with them. I’m stuck because I care for him very much and I don’t know how to slow it down. All my family keeps saying it’s bad timing, but God’s timing is never wrong. Does anyone have any advice for me? I really want our relationship too last and I don’t want my parents to give up hope on our relationship.

Comment

One of the hardest things we can do, Peachiepie22, is turn our thoughts over to the Lord. That is what you have to do. It is hard, but He will help.

If your thoughts remain the same after that, then your thoughts are in line with his plan.

As for your parents, are they thinking of you or of themselves? 19 and in college is tough enough by itself. How would your parents feel if your SO was at the same school? You have 3 years left in school. Give it time and enjoy it. Have fun. See what develops. If the Lord has him in mind for you, then there is little your parents, or anyone else for that matter, can do about it without making everyone miserable.

Comment

OhioJim, thank you so much for responding! I really needed some advice and yours was very considerate and thoughtful.

Comment

You are very welcome, peachiepie22!

I wish you luck, and may God bless your relationship.

Comment

Working...
                      X