Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and Distance for the Summer

Hi everyone!

I just found this site and I've never really been part of an online forum before but I figured I'd try it. I started dating my boyfriend in November of 2018. I'm from the US and he is from Kenya. We go to college together in the US, but for the summer he's back home in Kenya and I'm in the US. The last time I saw him was June 8th (he suprised me at my job before he left for Kenya) so it's been just over a month without him. It's been way harder than I expected. I guess I didn't realize how hard it actually is to be in a long distance relationship. And I feel bad because I imagine it's even harder to be in a LDR that doesn't have a defined end date or has been going on for much longer. We'll both be back at college on September 2nd. I think part of the reason I've been having a hard time is that I'm living alone in a town for the summer where I don't really know anyone. It's been pretty lonely, and I've been missing him so much. I also am a pretty anxious person, so I worry about him breaking up with me even though he tells me he loves me daily. I know the fear is irrational, but it is still there. I find myself counting down the days until I see him again, but I don't want to live this way. I want to enjoy my summer, because I know I'll be a lot busier and stressed when school starts again and I'll wish it was the summer. Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum. I really feel for everyone out there trying to make distance work.

Hello, and welcome to LFAD.
    I'm counting down the days, and a lot of couples do. If it's a longer gap between visits, then going by the number of weeks makes it feel smaller. We actually have a countdown thread here specially.

Comment

Working...
    X