Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to everything

Hi guys,[/I]

I just joined this site after looking up long distance dating advice. I am in a new relationship (2 months as of the 5th). She is my first girlfriend as I have only ever dated men but after meeting her fell in love and also have looked back at my life and realized I've likely been bi my whole life but just disregarded it. When I met her she was living in the same state as me, about 20 minutes away, 2 weeks away from graduating college and moving back home. Technically I met her back in September when the school year started but didn't realize I had feelings for her and tried to pursue a relationship until she was about to move away unfortunately. Granted she's only 2.5 hours away which I know could be way worse and doesn't seem that far but doesn't really work for a day trip unless we meet halfway which we have not done yet. Every time we meet up since she moved back home has either been her coming back here or me going down there. With that she's 25 (10 years younger than me) and still living at home with her parents as she's going back to school again in the fall for her masters. (She's smart ) Also I've been single for 8 years. So not only am I in a brand new relationship that's now long distance for at least the next 1-2 years until she graduates and pays off her loans and finds a job hopefully here in Wisconsin, but first time dating a woman, all new insecurities, dating someone 10 years younger than me (although I feel that she's way more mature and smarter than me, she's pretty amazing)

We started dating as I said 2 months ago and we really hit it off, we really honestly hit it off back in September when I first met her, we're just very similar people. This is the happiest I've ever been in a relationship even as confirmed by many of my friends. Any time we have an issue or obstacle we work through it immediately and efficiently so it's been really great so far. However come fall she will start school again (this one is not close by me) and have an internship plus working a part time job, all while maintaining her own down time, family and friends time and then time for us in person and over the phone. I also unfortunately have a lot of insecurities and neediness on my end which is why I was on the interwebs trying to find ways to be less me haha, and make sure we can make our relationship work. I'm sure there's some amazing forums I'm going to try to look for on here for help with insecurities and neediness but if you know of any in mind please feel free to link them and say hi. I look forward to being a part of this forum and having this community of support to get us through this long distance until we can be together.

Thanks for this wonderful place and community.

Hi there! I totally feel you about having insecurities and being needy. I often feel anxious about my relationship. It’s even harder over long distance because you get less reassurance that everything is okay than you do when you’re with the person you love. It’s one thing for your SO to say over the phone that everything is okay with the relationship, but it’s much stronger to hear it in person. At least for myself I just have to trust that if my SO had an issue in the relationship he would bring it up and we could work through it. Anyway, sorry for rambling. I’m new here too but it seems like a great community and it’s nice to know that I’m not the only one struggling with a long distance relationship. I had no idea it would be this hard. Anyway, welcome!

Comment

Hi. I know exactly how you feel. Only after reading this I realized I'm kinda anxious with my ldr. I'm also new here and this seems like a great forum. It's also good to know there other people also having problems with their ldr.

Comment

Working...
      X