Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

First off, let me say... I am extremely relieved and happy to find this website! I don't know why it took me so long to find it.

My SO and I met while I was in college and he was getting his Master's at a different school in the same city. We lived in the same apartment building, just a floor apart. He is from the Central African Republic, which is, as it sounds, a small country right in the center of Africa. We were together for about a year before I moved out of state for just a year and halfway through my year out of state, he moved back to the CAR. He has been there for about 2 years (we've been together for 4).

I've found that a LDR with one person in Africa is extremely frustrating because his internet connection over there is very unreliable. It's not unusual for us to go a month without talking to each other. I cannot travel to his country alone because it is rife with violence, especially for a woman, so I have not been able to visit him. He has tried to visit me, but had problems with his passport and visa.

Thank you so much to every one who contributes to this forum. Its very existence gives me hope that I can make it through and we can see each other again (in the same country!!).

Hello, and welcome.
    I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had staying in touch as well as visiting.
    I can't offer much in the way of advice unfortunately, but there may be others who can.
    I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Comment

Working...
    X