Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, all!

Howdy!

My name is Emily, I'm a college student, and my boyfriend is in the military. Like the profile says, I'm interested in a lot of different things and I do love getting to know people. So please, chat with me sometime!

I was so happy to find this site... You see, my boy can't spend much time supporting me on bad days (like today)... He does all he can, but he's busy, and I'm... lonely. In college, so many people don't take LDRs seriously. I'm just "that girl" with the "joke" of a relationship. On facebook, our famlies monitor what we post, even though we're adults, so we don't express ourselves much there.

But here... I can put up pictures of us! I can cry when it's hard and I can squeal when it's wonderful.

Anyways, I am thrilled to be here. Later tonight (if we get a chance to chat) I plan to encourage him to join as well.

Just a note: for security reasons, I might omitt certain locations, names, etc. Sorry about that - I hate censorship. But without trying to sound dramatic, his life could be on the line.

And again, a very relieved and happy hello!!

Hello! Welcome to LFAD! Glad you found this place and no worries since absolutely none of us will think of your relationship as a 'joke'

Comment

Welcome to the LFAD community! :]

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the forums! We've got a lot of military relationships around here.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome Emily! Everyone here is super supportive, and we'll all cry and squeal along with you.

Comment

Ha! I totally forgot to mention we've been together for almost two years now, long distance the whole time. Thanks again for the warm welcomes!

Comment

Welcome! Glad you found the site!

Comment

Hi Emily and welcome!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! This place is great for support and friendship Glad you found us!
                      First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi Emily, welcome to LFAD!
                        In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Welcome to Loving From a Distance, Emily!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Look forward to chatting with you!
                            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome!
                              My SO and I have been together over 2 years, long distance the whole time and he's an officer in the Army.
                              Feel free to send me a message if you ever want to talk : )

Comment

Working...
                              X