Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hello!

I came across this group while looking for some military SO support. My boyfriend and I started dating in February and he recently moved about 3 and a half hours away. It could have been international, so I can’t complain too much, but we’re a month in and I’m finding that it’s difficult to discuss what a LDR with someone in the military and medical field is like with my friends who have always lived 20 minutes or less from their boyfriends or spouses. Because to be honest, I’m a bit sulky for days after we have to say goodbye yet again and that can be a little difficult to comprehend if you haven’t experienced it.

My boyfriend and I kind of hilariously met on an app that we were pressured to join by friends who were sick of us being single. I was going to delete the app when I decided to give it one last go and message him - he was going to delete the app the same day and saw my message. Seven months in and it feels like we’ve known each other for forever.

I’m excited to jump in this community with people who ‘get it’ and look forward to learning from all the LDR pros here.

Welcome to this forum! Hopefully you can find some support here!

Comment

Hey! I met my boyfriend on an app too, it makes the big world just a little bit smaller haha.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Sulking after saying goodbye is normal! It usually takes a day or 2 after a visit for me to get back into the swing of things. While my SO is not in the military, he is in the medical field, so I know how difficult that can be! We currently live 5 1/2 hours away and starting in 2020 it will bump up to 8 hours

This forum is a great place to kind of vent and get things off of your mind that your peers normally wouldn't understand.
        ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Working...
        X