Hi hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi hi!

Hi all! I'm new here. Thanks for having me.

Recently tumbled into a LDR, lol. Met his sister at an championship of our sport, became super close friends and then somehow ended up talking to him. We met up in Spain (where he lives) for a tournament. 3 weeks after we met again for another tournament and then two weeks later we decided I'd go there for a week (ended up staying two weeks). Now there is 5 weeks between seeing him.

I had a few moments of anxiety since we began. I was asking myself how much communication is needed and if I would be able to do this (the distance is only do-able by plane and it's mostly me going there due to schedules). I was also reading all this about closing the distance - and I got worried. Were we even thinking about this? We are both in our last year of university (I'm 25 though).

However, then I realised we are closing the distance in April when I'm moving to his home city for two months (but he's currently living one hour away from there rn). It's so difficult. It's harder than I thought it would be. But I like him so much and he's so great for me. I'm so excited for the times that are going to come.

Cheers

Bienvenue (hope you are from Wallonie, because if you're not, I forgot how to say this in Dutch).

Comment

Hi and welcome!

LDRs are definitely do-able if both parties really want it to work! The amount of communication just depends on your relationship- my SO and I talk everyday but for others they may only talk a few times a week. Since your relationship is still fairly new, closing the distance may be in the cards but don't put so much pressure on it accomplish that right away or rush it; talk to him and see what he thinks about it.

Communication is key in a LDR. Good luck to the both of you!
      ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Working...
      X