Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm here because 5K mi are starting to weigh me down

Hi everyone.

That's my first forum post ever. I'm usually on the reading end.
    I thought I could do this alone, I don't really share feelings with friends, so my support system is practically non-existent. But I'm here because this distance is seriously starting to affect my life quality. We have been together for 6 years, of which 2 years were 2 time zones away. In september 2019 he moved 8 time zones away, and although this should be temporary (2 years), the insecurity, sadness and whatever you can think of really hit me in the face. And the heart. And the stomach. Every single day. He's worth hanging on to but I needed a new strategy. That's why I'm here. Knowing I'm not the only one might help.

Please do reach out!!

PS: I'm usually much more upbeat, fun and bubbly. Hopefully you'll get to see this soon

A

Bless you.
    You’re certainly not alone.
    I’ve only been in this situation for 8 months but your feelings certainly resonate with me. Sometimes I feeling I’m turning into a crazy woman and I can feel myself sabotaging this special thing whatever is it, that we have.
    Do you plan to close the distance?
    I think you’re extraordinary and strong to still be there 6 years later 😊

Comment

PS Sundays in particular are bad aren’t they

Comment

You are not alone! I am not that far away from my SO and we haven't been doing this for that long but I know how you are feeling. I tend to get those feelings but I have found my own coping mechanisms (doing something for myself, spending time with friends and family, focusing on other aspects of my life outside of the relationship) Sometimes you just need to redirect your focus somewhere else to kind of distract you. There are also things you can do within the relationship (I'm sure you're already doing some of these things) like virtually watching a movie together, find an online game you both enjoy, eat dinner while facetiming.

My SO and I like to play an online mobile game together every night once we have settled in, we consider it our quality time together. I know this may be more difficult for you with the time difference but just a suggestion. Best of luck to you!
        ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Working...
        X