Hello! Ciao :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! Ciao :)

Hello everyone, I found this forum by chance and thought to sign up. I think it’s always nice to hear from people who are going through the same.
    We met on an exchange language app on January and bounded immediately and haven’t stopped talking since. We were supposed to meet in April but the coronavirus situation messed everything up and so I decided we could try this LDR thing (he told me he wanted to confess his feelings if we had met in person but this whole situation made it so much difficult. I also felt sad because he could not understand what I was feeling or thinking and this would make him feel like he was the only one caring, when I just find it hard sometimes to express how much I can care about someone)... despite the seven hours of timezone difference and 8000km/5300 miles, things seem to be going well so far ^^
    He’s my very first boyfriend (I’m 27, sigh), I have always found it difficult to find someone who could understand me well and be so caring (and I’ve always thought better alone than with someone wrong... I had never found anyone I clicked so well and that was genuinely interested in me)... At some point I realized I did not want to lose the chance to get to know someone like him better, who knows what may happen... I must say it’s scary and it makes me scared, but I talked to him a lot about what’s going on in my mind and he seems always so reassuring. I just wish we could phone call but it’s hard right now because he is learning English and I’m learning his language (Korean), although sometimes we also speak in German (because we both know this language a little better).
    It’s hard but I feel like a different and happier person since I started talking to him... I just wonder how things will go but I guess only time will tell.
    Sometimes I feel like I may be doing something wrong, as many people don’t understand how it is like. I feel they would just minimize my feelings because I decided to have an online boyfriend... many also tried to bring me down because of it, but for once I want to give this a chance, because I realized I deserve to be happy too (and him too).
    So I’m glad I found this community!

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long post x
    Last edited by Yeoreum; June 3, 2020, 06:40 PM.

Hello and welcome.
    You will find a good support system here. Sometimes it's very quiet, and then there can be 5 new threads in a couple of hours.
    We have a 7 hour time difference also, and it can be awkward to navigate at times.
    I definitely have been a much happier version of myself since finding my man too.
    It is hard, but you just keep going somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantic Crossroads View Post
      Hello and welcome.
      You will find a good support system here. Sometimes it's very quiet, and then there can be 5 new threads in a couple of hours.
      We have a 7 hour time difference also, and it can be awkward to navigate at times.
      I definitely have been a much happier version of myself since finding my man too.
      It is hard, but you just keep going somehow.
      Thank you so much!!
      I feel it won’t be like this forever. I had been planning to move to South Korea for a couple of months before getting to know him, so I know we will have the chance for all the miles between us to become 0. I just try to live the present day and see where it will lead me ❤️

Comment

Hi and welcome. I also just joined. Also very recently started an LDR. You are not alone in this and that is the great thing about this site. here you find people facing the same or similar challenges you face. I hope your guy can come around and express how he feels. I think it is important in any relationship but specially in an LDR to let your SO know how you feel. I won't let a day pass by without saying to my SO that I love her. For what people around think about it, just don't worry too much about that. It's hard to understand if you never experienced it yourself. If it feels right to you then that is what matter. Ciao, DJ

Comment

Working...
        X