Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here on LDR

Hi Everyone,

I Just joined the LDR forum. Simple reason why: I recently started a LDR relationship with a woman who lives over 5.000 miles away. The first time in my life for such a very long distance relationship. So a lot of things to figure out. How and what to do. What to avoid, etc. The site is helpful and it nice to see we're not alone in this.
    The whole Corona thing doesn't make it any easier. We really want to meet up but it waiting for the travel bans and quarantine measures to be lifted. Thank god for the apps like WhatApp, Line, etc. Without we would be lost.

Anyway, nice to met everyone here. Stay healthy

DJ

Hello and welcome.

Comment

Thank you so much. I guess you both are a shining example that this can work.

Comment

Welcome! Lots of people here going through the same thing that can offer support and advice <3
        ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Thank you very much. It's so nice to hear from people in the same situation.

Comment

Originally posted by DirkJanV View Post
            Thank you so much. I guess you both are a shining example that this can work.
            I'm not sure about shining exactly, but we are one example.
            And I will be very honest. It hasn't always been easy, and we even broke up for a few weeks. But everyone's mileage will vary.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD You'll find this is a very welcoming community and I hope you enjoy your time here xx

Comment

Of course. There are always ups and downs. In any relationship. LDR adds some extra challenges. Still you managed to get through your difficulties. So I am happy for you and hope your plans work out fine. I am new at this and seeing couples actually pull this off over a long period of time gives me hope and positive energy to go for it.

Comment

Welcome! You'll like it here.

Comment

I think the Covid thing and the uncertainty it adds make LDR so much more difficult. WHat I hope for the future is that when I leave my SO to return to where I live, or she returns to her place, is that we already have a date to look forward to for our next visit. I think having a definite date to look forward to for when you're going to see your SO again makes things a lot easier. The problem now is that fora lot of us, there are border restrictions in place and we just can't make plans.
                    Stay strong. This too will pass :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X