Hello! Tinder brought me here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! Tinder brought me here.

Hi all. This is my first time in a e-LDR at the young age of 36 i thought i would try my hand at online dating with everything thats going on.

The funny thing is when i signed up for Tinder, i specifically set the distance to 50 miles max. Instead, the man im currently in like with profile popped up from 9k miles away. Im in the states, while hes currently in S. Africa.

I definitely had no interest in being in LDR, but he's actively working on closing the distance to move here and be with me in January 2021.

We video chat and call nearly everyday. Its amazing how things and people are put in your path. So thanks Tinder for ignoring my distance settings

I hope im not the only one in this predicament here.

Hi Nic, welcome to the forum!

You are definitely not the only one in this predicament. If you hang around the forum at all, then you will soon see that!

I am also 9000 miles apart from my SO. He is in Germany, and I am in Australia.
    "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
    -Charles Dickens

Comment

Thank you! Its good to know im not alone here. I lived in Germany for awhile, loved it.

Comment

Oh really, whereabouts? I am yet to visit, but I will one day. My SO plans to relocate here and so we have only planned trips for him to come here so far.

What is your plan for meeting and closing the distance?
        -Charles Dickens

Comment

Ohh i see. I was in wurzburg and frankfurt. Man i miss the bratwursts with that hard bun you could chip a tooth on there lol. Beautiful country.

My guy is actually a UK citizen on a work visa in S Africa. His plan is to apply for a work visa to be closer to me here. If all goes as planned, we could see how things develop together and proceed from there.

He seems pretty confident he will get the work visa due to his line of work. I hope he's right.

Have you set a timeline to close the distance?
          Last edited by Nic126; July 31, 2020, 05:02 AM. Reason: Sp

Comment

It's a big plus that he has experience with Visas already! I hope it works out for you both.

No, we don't have a timeline yet. I am still transitioning from my former life with an ex and two kids. I will be moving house in the next few months and that will be the final big change I need to make, in order for me (and us) to move forward. It's really not easy navigating distance and closing the distance with kids, work, covid etc
            -Charles Dickens

Comment

Hello and welcome!!! You will find a ton of support here!
              ~And ever has it been known that Love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation~

Comment

Do you not just think that the fact that Tinder ignored your distance settings is like a sign that fate is playing a role? I totally love that!

Comment

I met my SO online on a dating app too. Neither of us were looking for anything serious, both out of serious relationships, and neither wanted an LDR at all!!
                  We started talking, got on great, talked more, fell for each other, tried to rationalise how this could be happening and finally just went with it. I have never felt so strongly for anyone in my life and cannot imagine my life now without her. It's funny how things work out :-)
                  The way I see it, the distance is an easy problem compared to finding someone so special where we both feel the same.

Comment

Working...
                  X