Hey Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone!

This is new for me; joining an LDR forum :P. Just thought I'd share something that might be.

Long ago, when I was 13, my mother married a man from the Netherlands. He is still my step-dad and a wonderful individual. Anyhow, my mother and I moved to there so she could be with him. Through his friends, I met their children. There was this girl, we started to hang out all the time and had many good times during the 1-1/2 years. Moved back to the US at 14, life happened and poof, 13 years later here I am writing this to you.

We recently started to get in contact. We texted for a few days, kind of caught up on some things in our lives, but then she stopped messaging. I left it go, cause who knows she might have been not interested or what the case may be. That is, after the three weeks went by and I had a dream. It was like I could get close to her and then whenever we would get to talk the dream restarted, and it happened twice more before waking up. That morning I sent her a brief message about the dream and, if I don't ask I'll never know, asked her what she thought about going on a date with me. The message changed how she interpreted my intentions.

She was rather excited to hear about it, but could not give a yes or no, she didn't know. There are issues with her ex at the moment (She does not like him at all). Totally understandable. She did however want to stay in contact and really get to know each other. That day we kept blowing up one another phones with messages. It was awesome. A wholesome thing. Then she had to sleep, but wanted to video chat in a couple days. We didn't text in between that time.

We were finally able to video chat. She called, we spoke for 30-ish minutes, and she had to leave to a girlfriend's house. She wound up being late to leave, but what I thought was nice is she stayed on the line until the last possible minute. She lost connection after leaving the wifi and apologized with a message. We are both eager to chat on Monday.

Basically, I hope this turns into something beautiful. Thank you for reading!
    Last edited by Nikolizer; September 5, 2020, 03:54 PM.

Goodluck and welcome!

Comment

That's a really nice story Nikolizer. I hope it works out for you both.
      I met my SO on a dating app, didn't expect anything to come of it and we had the most amazing chat (text) for 12 hours, felt like we'd know eachother for years... one thing led to another and now I couldn't imagine my life without her...
      So my point is, you never know, and sometimes it's worth following your heart and trusting in your gut feeling. Good luck

Comment

Working...
      X