Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8967km distance

Hi all!

I joined last year a while after my relationship got super long distance but I haven't needed support until Covid hit and made traveling outside of the EU to see your boyfriend virtually impossible I'm afraid I'm not much joy to be around these days because of that.

I am a 23yo female currently living in my home country of Poland and my SO is in the US military currently living in Japan. We met in high school in the USA, because I used to live there for a bit, and we've been friends since.

I am missing him so so so much as it has been 10 months, going on 11, that we haven't seen each other. Thankfully, I was able to go visit him in Japan last winter 2019/20 for two weeks before I needed to get back to school. Honestly, it is really rough. I'm super thankful for FaceTime and smartphones and the internet but it's still difficult to be apart this long.

Anyways, it is nice to meet all of you & I look forward to chatting with you and exploring your cute forum more

PS. Sorry for all the grammar mistakes!

Hi there, welcome!

Your English is great, don't worry!

Long distance is sooooooo tough, but there are a lot of people here who understand what you are going through and are happy to offer support. Reach out if you ever need
    "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
    -Charles Dickens

Comment

Hi, thanks!

I am planning on inquiring about getting a temporary visa to Japan, which is pretty much the only way for me to visit there during this time. I would love to visit for a while after all my classes transfer to an online system. But I heard they are not giving out visas right now and I'm pretty bummed. If we could just see each other this would all be much easier. I wish we could just fast forward to when we can finally travel, you know?

Comment

Yeah, it's a rough time to get through. If we knew when an end date was in sight it would bring a lot of relief for everyone. Hang in there!
        "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
        -Charles Dickens

Comment

Working...
        X