Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!

Hey, everyone!

I just joined today and am excited to learn about your journeys and to share about my own. I think having a community of people with shared experiences like this is so important and helpful for maintaining healthy and happy relationships and for our own individual mental health and peace of mind, as well. I'm glad I found a place to connect with others in LDRs. I've been in a long-distance relationship for 10 months now and it has certainly been difficult to be separated by so many miles, however, it's also been the happiest time of my life because my boyfriend is my best friend and the love of my life. We make sure to talk every single day, usually multiple times a day lol. For me the hardest part is not knowing the exact date I'll see him next. We are trying to avoid travel due to COVID-19 and we are both saving up money for a long trip. It's difficult when we're on opposite ends of the country, but love is worth it. How are you all doing with your relationships? Any advice for someone like me who's still fairly new to an LDR?

Love and light,
    Kirah

Welcome, Kirah!

Sounds like you have a good start. But the three most important things in an LDR are 1)communication, 2)communication, and 3)communication. Because that is all you have!

You quickly learn what to say and how to say in a manner, and using the correct words, that gets your meaning clearly across.

But don't forget to take time for yourself. Keep yourself busy with things you enjoy. Also allow your SO to do the same.

Where are you in Ohio? I am in Marion.

Comment

Hi, and welcome! It's always nice to have a new person to welcome into the forum!
      "The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again".
      -Charles Dickens

Comment

Working...
      X