New girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New girl

hi everyone, i am joining a forum for the first time in my life. i dont know how this works. i have been in a long distance relationship for the past three years and ive messed up pretty bad recently, and i was looking for some support, thats how i got to this forum. i feel terrible and i desperately want to make my relationship work. where do i post now?

Originally posted by chestnutfish View Post
    hi everyone, i am joining a forum for the first time in my life. i dont know how this works. i have been in a long distance relationship for the past three years and ive messed up pretty bad recently, and i was looking for some support, thats how i got to this forum. i feel terrible and i desperately want to make my relationship work. where do i post now?
    Click on "Forum" in the top left. You will see a list of the sub-forums. Pick the one you want then click on it. A good general purpose sub-forum is "Long Distance Relationships".

And welcome! There are a lot of nice people on here that will give you advice, support, and encouragement.

Comment

I too have been in a LDR fir nearly a year now and feel that there is lack of contact recently on his part. This has come out if the blue, I’m confused and upset as I have got very involved but sure what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Susy 3 View Post
        I too have been in a LDR fir nearly a year now and feel that there is lack of contact recently on his part. This has come out if the blue, I’m confused and upset as I have got very involved but sure what to do.
        Ask him why!

Whatever the reason, at least you would know. Even if it is a bad outcome, worrying about it is far worse than knowing.

I see a lot of the problems posted on here, at least for those new to LDR, have to do with Fear of The Unknown. They don't know why their SO is acting a certain way. As I, and others, have said before open and honest communication is essential for an LDR. You, and every one else, should openly let your SO know what you are feeling and thinking. Getting it out in the open will let both of you work on it. If it doesn't work out then you will know and can move on with your life.

Comment

Hi Susy 3 and Chestnutfish, like Ohio Jim said, communication is everything. You need to talk honestly and in a non accusatory way with your SOs.
          Ask what is going on with them and explain how you are feeling.
          I'd also suggest maybe starting a new thread if you need (See Jim's instructions above) and give more details so people here can help you and offer some perspectives or suggestions.
          Best of luck with it.

Comment

Working...
          X