New LDR chapter, new adventure <3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New LDR chapter, new adventure <3

I am not really new on this forum, I've been in LDR before for years and then i break up and i never visit this website anymore.

New Chapter
    I was just ended a relationship in 2019. I decided i had enough as i reached 39yo i think that's it, that's the last. So i decided just want to delete all of my online dating accounts and app and just want to focus on myself.

It was my last dating app on my phone when i saw a msg that sent few days before. This picture of a guy in a red coverall, uniform that i familiar with as i wore the same at my work. I cant help but feeling curious. I ask him if he is a fire safety guy at work (red coverall and hat). That's how it started. We first talked about work most of time and we talk really intense unless if we are sleep we will text. On third day i saw he wanted to do video chat, i was thinking, whatever, he will ran if he saw my face lol

We end up meeting up in Bali, and spent 10 days together. I asked him, dont you scare that you will ended up loosing one of your kidney or sold as human slave? (yeah i have dark jokes) He said, i take my chance---would you take your chance with me??

Its strange that i feel like i knew him before and there's not much of those awkward moment. One last night we had this conversation about what we think about us and what do we wish for it? Funny thing when we're about to get this serious talk, the live performance band started to play "cant help falling in love" by elvis presley. We instantly cry and laughed at same time.

We promise each other many things, including to tell each other about how we feels and think. Sticking to each other. We will meet again, and he wants me to see his son (from his previous marriage) and his parents. We give 6 months to plan this. And he flew back to USA.

CORONA HITS

I know lots of couples affected with this. Including us. He lost his job and it just hit him hard with depression. Its really a test. I kept asking him, do you want to let this go? he kept saying no, because US is the only good thing that gives him hope. We still talking on daily basis. I stick with him. Then, i get furlough. And i just get to the same depressed feeling, i cried almost everyday. Just feel so all alone especially on early covid when they had multiple lockdown on my city. Its scary.

One day i asked him again, do you still want me to go to USA? his answer was, if your border open, if we get flights, lets do this, i dont want regret. I already have USA tourist visa that valid for 5 years before i met him anyway.

We did. Book the flight. I flew to USA in late August 2020 few weeks before our first anniversary.

It wasn't easy. My family really don't like the idea of me traveling to USA during the pandemic. But they knew ill do it anyway. I flew with a friggin HAZMAT suit. Anything to make me feel safe and the thought bringing something like virus to him is scared me too. So during the 30-31hrs i kept sanitizing my hand until it peels off. You would do anything to met the person you love right? wearing a hazmat for 31 hours also not easy. Its just better because I'm used with these type of clothing at my work.

Getting to USA i get stopped by CBP and get held for 4hrs forced to admit that i abused my tourist visa (which is not true). It was shocking because i never did so and i can say i am an avid traveler with 3 passport full of many stamps from different countries including Europe, Russia, UAE etc. Back and forth and i kept denying and they had zero proof of what they said, finally they let me go.

It was funny, we planned everything including spraying or more to bath me with lysol there at the airport, hahah its just impossible, i just ran to him, he said, ohhh F it, if i get sick, we will get sick together!! i took off there, and we hug and cried together like dumb lol not even care about others.

I spent a little bit over 3 months. Met his son, his parents. I have a great Halloween party. November 3rd i leave USA. I flew back to Indonesia--in hazmat again. But i never egret those trip. It was great.

We kept getting stronger and still talking on daily basis after that. I visited him again after that, and we seriously talk about getting to the next step applying for K1 visa. Its about the time, and i hope we will stay together, we surely tested a lot. I hope its really a great foundation for a long lasting relationship.

Wish us good luck!

Really hope this works out x

Comment

Originally posted by xxcazaxx View Post
      Really hope this works out x
      yes, i do hope it works out

Comment

Working...
      X