Desperately looking for a muse...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperately looking for a muse...

I was born around the time dinosaurs went extinct.
    I have been in LDRs in the past.
    One of them turned into a marriage that ended a few months ago.

I cannot function without a muse in my life.
    I joined the site looking for that muse, for an LDR relationship.
    I don't have much to offer other than intense emotions....
    Jonathan Livingston Seagull was, is and will be my guide to my extinction...

You might want to say if you are male or female.

It is unusual that someone is looking for an LDR. Most all of us on here just happened into it. Most met online and a few met in person and then kept it up after moving apart.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioJim View Post
      You might want to say if you are male or female.

It is unusual that someone is looking for an LDR. Most all of us on here just happened into it. Most met online and a few met in person and then kept it up after moving apart.
      Male. I thought the information would carry over from my profile. I was wrong. Thank you for the heads up.

I'm at a stage and condition in life that an LDR would fulfill my needs for sharing emotions with someone. I'm not sure it makes sense (to you or anybody else) but I live and function in my mind. A face to face relationship, important as it might be, is not my priority. This (as everything else in life) may change in the future...

Comment

Are you looking for LDR with goals at the end to be together? because i think this is what people expect out of LDR.
        Is it because you are not really looking for something serious? just a chat friend perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by CAKCy View Post
          Male. I thought the information would carry over from my profile. I was wrong. Thank you for the heads up.

I'm at a stage and condition in life that an LDR would fulfill my needs for sharing emotions with someone. I'm not sure it makes sense (to you or anybody else) but I live and function in my mind. A face to face relationship, important as it might be, is not my priority. This (as everything else in life) may change in the future...
          I just checked your, mine, and uniquefem's profile. No where does it say male or female on any of them.

If you are looking for someone to just chat with and become online friends there are other forums and websites that might be better. Couples on here tend to be in a long term relationship with the eventual goal of being together in real life. There are even a couple couples that got married and are still in LDR.

In fact, there may be someone, but I don't recall any unattached members on here.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquefem View Post
            Are you looking for LDR with goals at the end to be together? because i think this is what people expect out of LDR.
            Is it because you are not really looking for something serious? just a chat friend perhaps?
            No. My plans are not to be together at the end, without excluding anything. Is what I'm looking for serious? VERY! Emotions can run deep and wild in an LDR, very similar to a "real" relationship. How different is it telling your partner that you love them, face-to-face, from saying it for instance on Skype? The commitment, honesty, transparency are still (at least to me) exactly the same in both cases. The only difference is that I can touch her only in my imagination...

(I should add that an LDR, that started as such many years ago and went on for many months, ended up in a real-life meeting and marriage that lasted 13 years. The end of that marriage was my depression...)

Comment

I just checked your, mine, and uniquefem's profile. No where does it say male or female on any of them.

If you are looking for someone to just chat with and become online friends there are other forums and websites that might be better. Couples on here tend to be in a long term relationship with the eventual goal of being together in real life. There are even a couple couples that got married and are still in LDR.

In fact, there may be someone, but I don't recall any unattached members on here.
              I copied an image of my profile saying my gender but unfortunately the site won't let me post it. It's there!

If the administrators/moderators of the site decide that I don't belong here they have the right to ban me. As I said in another reply of mine I used to be in an LDR, that started as such, and ended up in "real-life" marriage many years ago. If being unattached and looking for an LDR is a crime or violation of the TOS of the site, please let me know.

Comment

I copied an image of my profile saying my gender but unfortunately the site won't let me post it. It's there!

If the administrators/moderators of the site decide that I don't belong here they have the right to ban me. As I said in another reply of mine I used to be in an LDR, that started as such, and ended up in "real-life" marriage many years ago. If being unattached and looking for an LDR is a crime or violation of the TOS of the site, please let me know.
                I did not mean to imply that you don't belong here. Anyone is welcome. Please forgive me if it came across that way.

The point that I was trying to make is that I am not aware of any other unattached members, although there may be one or two that have ended their LDR.

Comment

No. My plans are not to be together at the end, without excluding anything. Is what I'm looking for serious? VERY! Emotions can run deep and wild in an LDR, very similar to a "real" relationship. How different is it telling your partner that you love them, face-to-face, from saying it for instance on Skype? The commitment, honesty, transparency are still (at least to me) exactly the same in both cases. The only difference is that I can touch her only in my imagination...

(I should add that an LDR, that started as such many years ago and went on for many months, ended up in a real-life meeting and marriage that lasted 13 years. The end of that marriage was my depression...)
                  So... your plan is not to be together? that's the goal?
                  And you are very serious about that?
                  Emotions getting deep yes, can be... i do those kind of talk too about my work with my coworker over the phone sometimes. Passionate indeed about our office yearly goals. Or with online friends talking about games we play, or talking about how my bf surprise me on my birthday.
                  You ONLY want a platonic non lovers type i see.

(and yes i am still so very confuse of what kind of relationship you want)

Comment

I did not mean to imply that you don't belong here. Anyone is welcome. Please forgive me if it came across that way.

The point that I was trying to make is that I am not aware of any other unattached members, although there may be one or two that have ended their LDR.
                    Water under the bridge. Time will tell whether my subscribing was an erroneous one if your words are valid.

Comment

So... your plan is not to be together? that's the goal?
                      And you are very serious about that?
                      You ONLY want a platonic non lovers type i see.

(and yes i am still so very confuse of what kind of relationship you want)
                      My age and my physical condition force me to have those plans. But that doesn't mean that I don't have the emotional need to love and be loved, to share, to belong as you do.

May I ask a few questions to make it easier for you to understand? Do your feelings for your bf run any lower now that you are in an LDR? Can you feel his love embracing you, his arms around you, his heart aching for you, even though he is not there with you? Is your relationship, when he is away, ONLY platonic?

Here's a little story for you. 40 years ago I met a girl abroad. It didn't take long for us both to fall in love with each other. Unfortunately after a week I had to return home. Though internet was not a thing yet, back then, we continued our relationship over the distance between us for 4 years. Thousands of pages of letters (yes, snail mail) and dollars of phone bills (my father threatened me to kick me out of the house if I ever touched the phone again). In 4 years we had the chance to meet for a total of 3 1/2 months. But we were both deeply in love and committed to each other. I very rarely went out with friends because I didn't feel like it with her not being there. The relationship ended when one of us had to give up their studies in order to be together. I was ready to do it. She wasn't ready to do it OR accept my doing it. She was a touch more sensible than I was. (As I said there was no internet available back then. The phones covered for our physical needs...)

Emotions getting deep yes, can be... i do those kind of talk too about my work with my coworker over the phone sometimes. Passionate indeed about our office yearly goals. Or with online friends talking about games we play, or talking about how my bf surprise me on my birthday.
                      I understand your making fun of me. I wish to you NEVER to reach my age and my condition, to stay forever young! NEVER to feel a young person trapped in an old person's body....
                      Last edited by CAKCy; June 22, 2021, 01:39 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

My age and my physical condition force me to have those plans. But that doesn't mean that I don't have the emotional need to love and be loved, to share, to belong as you do.

May I ask a few questions to make it easier for you to understand? Do your feelings for your bf run any lower now that you are in an LDR? Can you feel his love embracing you, his arms around you, his heart aching for you, even though he is not there with you? Is your relationship, when he is away, ONLY platonic?

Here's a little story for you. 40 years ago I met a girl abroad. It didn't take long for us both to fall in love with each other. Unfortunately after a week I had to return home. Though internet was not a thing yet, back then, we continued our relationship over the distance between us for 4 years. Thousands of pages of letters (yes, snail mail) and dollars of phone bills (my father threatened me to kick me out of the house if I ever touched the phone again). In 4 years we had the chance to meet for a total of 3 1/2 months. But we were both deeply in love and committed to each other. I very rarely went out with friends because I didn't feel like it with her not being there. The relationship ended when one of us had to give up their studies in order to be together. I was ready to do it. She wasn't ready to do it OR accept my doing it. She was a touch more sensible than I was. (As I said there was no internet available back then. The phones covered for our physical needs...)

First of all, I'm sorry if i sounded making fun of you, I'm not. Because i really try to understand.

Most of relationship by two people if its romantic, they want to be together in the end. BUT, as in your case, it did not happened because the situation you both had. Doesn't meant the wish is NOT there.

I might be younger than you, but i do have the time when i can only contact my bf with letters and only heard his phone call once a week because we both broke student doesnt have money and we try to do our best. Yes, that one also doesnt work for me. But not i am with someone else in different LDR.

I understand your making fun of me. I wish to you NEVER to reach my age and my condition, to stay forever young! NEVER to feel a young person trapped in an old person's body....
                        You making fun of my "young age" thinking i dont know how it feel i am 40yo i am not 13. I dated a guy your age before too btw. Its huge gap as you said. My life just begun, while he just wanted a quiet retirement.

I dated him for 3.5 years. We mostly meet in other countries like Spain, Paris, Netherland, anything half way from us. I later stayed with him together for nearly 6 months then after that i think we see the reality.

But since beginning, we wanted to be together, not just chat. We agreed on relationship.

No, i feel its actually much stronger because i missed him so much. I never see it as platonic because we have what we called "commitment". If you dont have this, yes its rather platonic. This is what make it different between "just a friend" and a "romantic relationship".

Comment

You making fun of my "young age" thinking i dont know how it feel i am 40yo i am not 13. I dated a guy your age before too btw. Its huge gap as you said. My life just begun, while he just wanted a quiet retirement.

I dated him for 3.5 years. We mostly meet in other countries like Spain, Paris, Netherland, anything half way from us. I later stayed with him together for nearly 6 months then after that i think we see the reality.

But since beginning, we wanted to be together, not just chat. We agreed on relationship.

No, i feel its actually much stronger because i missed him so much. I never see it as platonic because we have what we called "commitment". If you dont have this, yes its rather platonic. This is what make it different between "just a friend" and a "romantic relationship".
                          The commitment is there, whether one is in a "permanent" LDR or not.
                          If by platonic means a relationship without intimacy, without love-making then I'd agree with you. Walking on eggshells here but I have to reply: Have you ever made love with your SO while you and he were thousands of miles apart? You don't have to reply since this is too personal BUT, if the answer is 'Yes' then you know how a 'permanent' LDR can be romantic too. If the answer is 'No' then do yourself and your SO a favor: Be intimate, anyway you can, with him being so far away.

Comment

Bruh, just go on Tinder...

Comment

Working...
                            X