Im a new person as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a new person as well

Hello all, thankyou for taking the time and reading this! I am in my second year of college and my SO is in the Army, currently serving in Iraq. I hope to connect with others going through deployment. Not only is my best friend in the while world gone, but he is in danger every day...makes things a little harder.
    My all time hobby is making and sending care packages, it makes me so happy. Im just about a pro now

Hello again :]
    Welcome to the LFAD site!

Comment

Hi and welcome! My SO is deployed as well (as a gov't. contractor) to Afghanistan. I LOVE sending care packages too!

Comment

feel free to give me care package ideas, i send one every other week, the post office lady knows me well gotts love those flat rate boxes!

Comment

I send the oddest things... He likes to eat healthy, so I usually send a lot of nuts, canned fish (tuna, salmon, sardines-yuck!). He likes these all-natural ramen noodles that I buy for him. Basically, they eat pretty well on his base, but he likes to have stuff for "midnight" snacks.

I always throw in the magazines I'm finished reading, even if they're women's magazines, since he has several female friends there. I've made a few music CDs and of podcasts I think he'll like. Once I bought a few DVD's, included popcorn, a bottle of non-alcoholic margarita mix, some boxed candy, pretzels, fun plastic cups so he could throw a "movie night" for his friends. He really loved that one.

There is always some sort of "love project" included. Usually it's a photo collage, a cute picture I drew, or something meaningful to us both.

I only send one every few weeks or so though- I was really good at the beginning (he's been gone since February), but I've slacked off recently. I really need to get something in the mail for our anniversary. It will be late, I'm sure... but it's the thought that counts, right??

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
            First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

yeah raman noodles seem to be the biggest hit, mine isnt someone who looks for healthy food so i get to send him loads of twizzlers, once it gets cooler im gonna see if some kit-kats can make it without melting ha,

Comment

welcome to LFAD!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Originally posted by true_survivor_586 View Post
                  once it gets cooler im gonna see if some kit-kats can make it without melting ha,
                  I wonder when that will be??? It's still so warm where I am! He does love chocolate, so I'm waiting to send that as well.

Comment

Welcome and hats off to you ladies in military LDRs...you are a strong bunch!

Comment

Hi! Welcome to this site!

Comment

Welcome to the forums
                        In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                        Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                        Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                        My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Welcome to the forums! We have many other military relationships here, too. I think there's a group for them, in fact. I'll bet you can find lots of people who might have advice if you have specific military issues in there.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

Hi there! Welcome to LFAD! My SO is also in the army. So it's great to meet you!

Comment

Working...
                              X