hi all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi all

Well, I had to join to read any threads haha, and figured since I did I might as well post . I am maybe on the verge of starting a LDR... we have talked about it, but it's hard because she is scared of us getting hurt. Unfortunately she has a busy schedule which means I don't get to talk to her as much as I would like. I'm so conflicted because of course I want to be with her, but I know if she is not fully into it, there's not much I can do about it... she has told me sometimes she really needs me, but for whatever reason, my guess is that she is afraid of getting too close, I still rarely see her. Maybe every few days if I'm lucky. Did everyone else have the same problem of deciding to commit or was it easy for most of you?

once you realize that you get hurt in every relationship, having a long distance relationship is just a matter of do u wanna be with that person and can u handle not seeing them all the time, it wasnt even a question for me and my SO if it was the right thing, it just happened, and it wont be long distance forever, we will be together for ever one day

Comment

Hi, welcome to LFAD

Me and my SO Tanja (also on here ) were a bit reluctant to take the leap, but if you're both committed to one another then you can make it work

How long have you known each other?
      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Hi and welcome!

It takes quite a lot of courage to start an LDR but it's usually so worth it! If you love and trust each other you won't get hurt, you can just enjoy a wonderful relationship and be happy that you've found each other

Comment

yea, i hope it can work out. heres my other thread with more details for anyone who hasn't seen it

https://members.lovingfromadistance....-what-can-I-do

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! And good luck!
            First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hey! Welcome to the community!
              I think that everyone first has thoughts like that, but once you realize you can get hurt from anything, it makes the leap worth it!

Comment

Welcome to the forums

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

It takes a lot of strength and commitment to make an LDR work, and sometimes they're just not for everyone. Hurt in relationships happens no matter the distance. I would talk to her about if she's afraid of having a close, personal relationship and what specifically her holdbacks are.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Um, yeah we were both idiots for a really long time, but we just kept at it! Welcome to LFAD

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                      And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Working...
                      X