Well hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well hello!

Hi everyone, I figured I might as well start my introduction as well on here since I did join and was wanting to get more involved I have been with my SO for about 7 months now, though we've been talking for about 9 months.

I'll give a little background...our parents have been friends since they were little kids and grew up together and so naturally they kept in touch throughout the years and just so happened to have a very cute son that I had a huge crush on when I was younger haha I am 4 years younger than him and used to joke that I would marry him when I heard things in his current relationship wasn't going well but it always seemed like a fantasy crush because he lived in California and I was in Illinois. As fate would have it though and with the help of online sites, we were able to connect and get to know each other and really hit it off. We've had many similar past experiences in relationships and both know what it's like to be hurt and both never want to be hurt again (which so far it hasn't happened!)

It's hard being so far away and seeing each other every 2-3 months..though I know it could be MUCH worse! so I am thankful but at the same time it's still difficult as everyone here knows. He is the best thing I've ever had though in my life and treats me like a princess (he calls me his Irish princess and does more than I ever could have dreamed of. We don't have much longer to go of being apart but it still is trying at times.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and get myself out there and hopefully talk to some of you who are going through the same things! I'd love to make new friends and have people to bounce ideas off of I'll try my best to do the same as well!!

Jules

awwwwwwwww so cute history!!!!! <3 love it!!! , and welcome to LFAD forums!!!

Comment

Welcome to the forums You'll find all kinds of support and great people on here!

Comment

Hello :]
        Welcome to the LFAD site!

Comment

That's a cute story.
          Welcome, again!

Comment

Hii Welcome to the community!

Comment

thanks everyone I appreciate it! anyone else care to share your history/background? I'd love to hear other stories!

Comment

Welcome to the family!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
                And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

There's a forum where people post their stories.

Here's the forum
                  https://members.lovingfromadistance....32-LDR-Stories

Here's mine
                  https://members.lovingfromadistance....rom-5000-miles
                  First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome! Check out the LDR stories section- there are some wonderful stories there!

I've been in my LDR for 3 years, but have known my SO for 8. We dated off and on for a couple of years when we first met, but then we broke up and we became best friends. He showed up at my place 3 years ago Thanksgiving and said he wanted to spend his life with me. We've been going strong since then and hope to end the distance in the next year!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forums! You guys have a cute story.

Comment

Hi there! Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Hi Jules, welcome to the forums
                            In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
                            Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
                            Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
                            My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Working...