Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello (from Miami)!

Hello!

My name is Lissi and I'm in Miami, Florida (while he is in Missouri).

I've been lurking for a bit and felt it was time to step out from the shadows. I'm not used to sharing this type of personal stuff on the internet so I'll keep this simple.

We met in December of 2008. We had a mutual best friend. Our first attempt at an LDR seemed to have started great but didn't end well. I was in my first year of law school, my father was having serious health problems, and I had some things I wasn't dealing well with. I had some internal issues that I didn't realize were having a negative affect on everything I touched. We went for 4 months with no contact. I had more things to deal with during that time and it was rough. However, I made a lot of realizations during that time apart. I guess you can say I did some soul-searching and started the process of fixing everything around me.

I reached out to him 2 months ago. I missed him, loved him, and wanted a 2nd chance to fix "us." We talked about everything and are in the process of working things out. So far, I have learned from a lot of my prior mistakes and have a new appreciation for him and our relationship (regardless of the status that it is currently in).

So, in a nutshell, that's my story!

Welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing your story!

Comment

Hello Lissi
      Welcome to the LFAD site!

Comment

Hey Lissi! Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

Welcome to the family!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forums! Thanks for sharing!
                First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Hi =) Welcome to LFAD SITE!

Comment

Welcome to the forums! LDR on top of life lends it's own weirdness to issues, so hey - you're both strong, committed people for even trying, don't forget that.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
                    X