Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introductory introduction!

Hello fellow long distance lovers!
    I thought I'd join these forums just to gather some advice, discuss things and meet a few people in a similar situation I find myself in.
    For around 2 months now I've been in a relationship with THE most wonderful girl I have ever met in my life. She is my first girlfriend, the first person I've fallen in love with - and let me tell you, I've fallen hard.
    The greatest thing about our relationship is our feelings towards one another are completely mutual and we both feel that we want to spend the rest of our lives together. This decision may seem premature...but we feel it so deeply...it feels right! We're unconditionally in love!
    The dilemma we have is that we live in two separate continents, she on the west coast of the USA and me on the east coast of NSW Australia. We constantly remark at how accursed the ocean is, and that we wish we can just teleport to our respective countries
    During winter next year (it'll be Summer for her) we're going to fly her over to stay with us for the duration of her College Summer Break. It'll be the first time we've met in 'real life.' I've never looked forward to anything more in my life.
    So after that, where to from there? I know for sure that I will be left longing for her company, and yet we'll have to go back to communicating via Skype again. One of the things I have difficulty with is not being with her when she's upset or unwell...I can only sit and worry and be concerned...I want to be with her and comfort her! But I can't!!!
    Anyway, I won't start getting all depressed in my introduction!

Once again, I say hello to all

Yay, a fellow Aussie Welcome to LFAD!
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Hello :]
      Welcome to the LFAD site

Comment

Hey there Welcome to Loving From a Distance! Glad to have you here!

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

Welcome, welcome, welcome! Having a pond between you and the person you love can be a bit annoying at times, but the support this place can give makes the pond seem smaller every day!

Welcome to the family!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
            And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

G'day everyone - thanks for your warm welcomes!
              I feel pretty comfortable here and have been reading up on other people's stories...I don't feel so downtrodden about the long distance!

Comment

welcome! aussie aussie aussie, oi oi oi!

Comment

Hi!
                  Welcome

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                    First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcomw to LFAD =)

Comment

Working...
                        X