I always knew I'd end up with an elf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always knew I'd end up with an elf...

...A night elf warrior, to be precise. My poor gnome heart didn't stand a chance.

Yeah, yeah, we're another one of those kooky World of Warcraft relationships. We met in the Barrens in the spring of 2005, as members of a close-knit guild. I helped him level his warlock and tried to help him win his crush over. I only succeeded with one of those, as we learned quickly that his crush was a very toxic person. But his warlock was leveled, and that's what counts. :P

We realized early on that we had fabulous chemistry, and became great friends. When I became burned out on WoW, on his suggestion, I tried out Second Life, and fell in love with it. Between our changing work schedules, life demands, other partners and time zone differences, we tried our best for the next few years to stay in contact, with varying degrees of success.

In 2007, my eight-year relationship fell apart, and I became a single mother, moving to a new state and new life. He helped me find my strength when I needed it the most...and then, a few of our friends decided it was time to give us a push in the right direction. We slowly began testing the waters for a relationship, and when he visited in August of 2008, we made it official!

These last few years have been some of the hardest I've gone through. My job change from moving, family/pet loss, coping with the end of my prior relationship, and learning how to survive as a single mother, in addition to learning how to make a long distance relationship work...sometimes I feel like I'm going insane. But at the same time, I know that I'm incredibly lucky. If I had known there were men like him in Canada, I'd have moved there LONG ago.

Oh, oh, and he proposed to me this summer! We're striving for SD by the end of next year or early the following year. We've been trying to find him a job in the state where I live, but jobs are few and far between, even when you live here. I'd prefer to marry at our leisure...have some time to be together physically before taking that step.

Soo, that's my book. The tl;dr version: we met in WoW, and now we're awesome.

Yay for Wow relationships haha! I love my human warrior! O your post made me laugh, and I read every bit. Welcome and thanks for the giggle.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD
      Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
      And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
      ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Thank you so much!

Originally posted by Èternity View Post
        Yay for Wow relationships haha! I love my human warrior!
        Alliance FTW!!

Comment

Welcome to the forums! My boyfriend and I also met on WoW - you're in good company here. Don't be shy - post around, and speak up. We love company around here. ^^

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD and thanks for sharing your story

Comment

Wonderful story, and welcome!

Comment

Oh you crazy WoW players haha I love it how you write about your weapons and all that stuff! I dont understand a bit of it but I love it!
                Welcome on the forums

Comment

Thank you for all the welcoming words! It's great to find a group of people who understand what it's like to rarely see your loved one. My manager at work told me the other day that she'd much rather have her partner living in Canada than with her. She's not one of my favorite people in the world...

Comment

Wow is for nerds...with that being said FTA!!!! LOL She was a hunter who had me marked...then trapped i felt like OMG ggrrr *FLEX* Im stronger lol but well it happens silly little NE Huntards i swear!
                    Dear God the only thing I ask of you
                    Is to hold her when I'm not around
                    When I'm much too far away
                    -Avenged Sevenfold "Dear God"

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                      First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Originally posted by Ianthe View Post
                          Alliance FTW!!
                          Nooooo For the Horde :o

Canadian guys are pretty hot *nods* I'm glad you found yourself one. Can't wait to read more of your posts, I like your style!
                          Welcome to LFAD ^^;
                          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Welcome to Loving From a Distance!

Comment

Working...
                            X