No announcement yet.

Greetings from snowy Finland!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BlackCherryJam, yes, I think you get used to it somehow over the time.. I think I'll be dead at first in Hong Kong since the time difference is six hours and I don't have much experience of jetlag.
    I'm in Oulu now, it's so cold here.. Felt like being in Lapland when I got out of the plane. How did you two meet by the way?

Tanja, it doesn't even sound like English! I like it though, especially the way they pronunce r's. I couldn't understand Chris when we met for the first time.. I asked him to repeat everything at least three times but luckily he was patient enough not to kill me after a few hours.

Comment

Welcome Roosa!

Comment

Thank you very much! Everyone is so nice on here.

Comment

Originally posted by roosie View Post
          I asked him to repeat everything at least three times but luckily he was patient enough not to kill me after a few hours.
          Haha, that's good

Are you going to Hong Kong soon? Have you ever been there before? It must be fantastic to see such a different country and culture! And of course seeing your SO Yes, it is quite cold in here now but I'm glad we finally got some snow! It makes everything so beautiful.

We met in Internet and just started talking. After a while we noticed that we were talking almost every day for several hours and it all felt so good. That's how it all began
          How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Chris and Roosie

Comment

BlackCherryJam, I'm going there in two weeks. Getting more nervous and excited every day. Especially because I'm meeting his parents for the first time. I've never been there before or anywhere else in Asia so it's all very new to me but I'm looking forward to getting to know the city. I enjoy travelling and exploring new places very much, I guess that's part of the reason why I'm studying cultural history. (and yes Chris, it's nice to see you as well ) Do you know when you will meet your SO again? Your story sounds nice.

True, it's beautiful here. It was snowing a few hours ago and I felt like a child again, just wanted to go outside to make snowangels and have a snowball fight.

Jasons Babe 8808, thank you very much!

Comment

Sounds great! I have never been in Asia either but I would love the go there some day. And I understand your nervousness because I'm already nervous about meeting his family though I have no idea when it's going to happen!

We have planned meeting right after Christmas, I would spend my holiday there. But I haven't got the tickets yet and they're getting more and more expensive... Thing is, I don't know how long I can stay there before I have to come back because of my studies. I'm propably going to skip few lectures anyway
                How lucky I am to have something that makes saying good-bye so hard!

Comment

I'm sure your SO's parents like you though. Chris always says it doesn't change anything if his parents don't like me but of course I hope they accept me.. I talked to them on skype once when Chris was here but I was too nervous to say much.

I hope you get the tickets soon! Are you planning on flying from Oulu or Helsinki? It's so expensive to fly anywhere from Oulu. I'm going to skip a few lectures too but he is more important.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD... Yes we love our Finns.
                    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by polja View Post
                      I'm going to take the opportunity to hijack my wonder girlfriends thread and introduce myself too! I'm Chris, and Roosa has already written our story and convinced me to join up to It's good to be here and see so many other couples in a similar situation as we are!
                      Welcome Chris!! Great to have you here too!
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Thank you! Good to hear that..

Comment

Working...
                        X