Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings ; )

Hello everyone!

My name is April and I have been in a long-distance relationship for almost 10 months now. We originally met in Jr. high and had one class together but never really talked. We also went to high school together. Jan. 2010 he found me on facebook and we began talking. We discovered that we both had crushes on each other back in the day and the more we chatted the more we realized how much we still like each other. We have been discussing me moving to be with him. I am in AZ and he is in WA (my homestate). This past summer he professed his love for me via Skype and we talked about marriage being a possibility for us = )

Of course as with most relationships, we have been having our hard times. I have been having issues with trust (in general not a personal thing towards him) and his past includes his ex cheating on him Needless to say it's been rocky because of our issues but we manage to continue to keep each other in our lives....

I am starting to realize what he needs from me but at the same time realizing we need to support each OTHER so we can get through the issues we both have.

I hope to find support from others who are going through the same thing which is why I specifically sought out this forum = ) I also hope to read through some old threads to find info, advice, and suggestions that would relate to my situation.

Welcome to LFAD. Best of luck with your relationship. Distance is always the hardest thing to overcome, but it can be done.

Comment

Hi April!

Welcome to LFAD.
      LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
      Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
      Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
        First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

Hey April, welcome to the forums! Many of us have had to work through similar issues with trust, figuring out how we need support, etc - so you've come to the right place for those things. The distance brings an extra element of difficulty sometimes, but you can work through it.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to the forums. SO many of us can relate to much of what you touched on. This place is a great one to release to.
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Hi!

My boyfriend is currently living in AZ.. Maybe you could grab him and say hi for me!?!? lol

Welcome!
                  Live.Laugh.Love.ALWAYS.

Comment

Welcome =)

Comment

Welcome!
                      LFAD Book Reading Challenge: 3/25
                      -Book's finished: Dreamfever, Time Enough For Love, Oceans Apart

-Currently Reading: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward, The Shack

Comment

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I apologize for not being active as I usually am on forums but I've had a crazy week. My guy and I haven't talked in 5 days = ( I'm fixin' on making a thread about my situation in hopes of getting some ideas, advice and suggestions.

Comment

Hi! Welcome to LFAD. I am new here to but people have been very supportive so far! You live in az? Thats awesome! I do too. I hope things go well for you

Comment

Working...
                          X