Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Guys

Hey everyone,

I'm Keish. I'm a 17 year old web programmer from Australia, and I've been in a LDR for 3 months (well, officially). We met through work and also through my brother, floating around eachother from the beginning. When he moved away months later we began really talking and it all went wonderfully from there.

The distance certainly is a different experience and I can't say I ever expected to be in this situation... We see eachother for a weekend about every fortnight and chat daily. My family is planning to move up to his city at the end of next year, so if everything is still running smoothly we hope to move in together.

It's only early days so I'm hoping this site/forum will be helpful for coping with the distance. So hello I guess?

Welcome to LFAD Keish!
    You're going to love it here. Everyone is so supportive, and very giving.
    This site definitely will help you cope with the distance--it's amazing to know how many other people in the world are in the same situation as you.
    Hello

Comment

Hello Keish!

Welcome to LFAD. I've only been a member a few days myself, but so far this site has been very helpful. There are some really great people here.

LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
      Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
      Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Welcome to the site.
        You will love it here

Comment

Welcome to the site! You're still in the honeymoon period - enjoy it, it's lovely. If you need any suggestions, advicce, or just want ot share a cute story, we're all ears...or eyes... hmm.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome Keish to LFAD !

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
              First conversation 11.5.09 First meeting 11.7.10 Closed the distance 5.14.14 Married 6.14.14

https://lovingfrom5000miles.blogspot.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes!

Originally posted by Silviar View Post
                  Welcome to the site! You're still in the honeymoon period - enjoy it, it's lovely. If you need any suggestions, advicce, or just want ot share a cute story, we're all ears...or eyes... hmm.
                  How long does this supposed honeymoon period last for?

Comment

Originally posted by ratlet View Post
                    How long does this supposed honeymoon period last for?
                    It's different for everyone. I joke that I'm still in the honeymoon period with my SO, and we've been together nearly two years.

Honestly though, I think it's generally about 4-5 months before the shine starts to wear off...being in an LDR can skew that though. But as long as you're both committed to making it work, who really cares? Welcome to the boards.

If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion...love actually is all around

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!! Nice to meet you.
                      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome! I am in school to be a web programmer, but I will see how it works out Cute story

Comment

Originally posted by squiddie View Post
                          It's different for everyone. I joke that I'm still in the honeymoon period with my SO, and we've been together nearly two years.

Honestly though, I think it's generally about 4-5 months before the shine starts to wear off...being in an LDR can skew that though. But as long as you're both committed to making it work, who really cares? Welcome to the boards.
                          Well I guess it's been about 6 months, but we weren't really sure when the whole thing started, so we just set a date. ^^' I imagine we're still in that phase though ruffle, everything is overly exciting at this point!

Comment

Working...
                          X