Hello out there :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello out there :-)

Just an introduction...I just got into a long distance relationship...Ive known my bf for going on three years but we've been together about three months...but have been talking romantically since Jan. I am pretty sure that I love him but I feel like the rules surrounding dating make it so difficult. I also feel like we fight all the time over little things...its not as often as I think but I was wondering if anyone was having the same issues. I mean fighting from a distance feels so much more intense to me. Anyone on how to limit the fights over little things and if this is an issue in others relationships? Thanks oh my name is Donicia and I live in Cali my Bf Geremy lives in CT sigh

Welcome to the forums! I'm from California too

Hmm, ways to stop fighting over little things....I would say, 'don't sweat the small stuff'. Try not to make a big deal out of the little things.

Comment

Really? What part of Cali? Yeah I keep telling myself that but he and I can both be really sensitive; probably me more than him lol. I get so frustrated sometimes because he is so busy and the time difference and I'm so excited to talk to him and then we are talking and shortly into the conversation he says he has to go do something else or his friend came over or someone else is calling and he has to take it. And I know that he makes me a priority but on those days when I was dying to talk to him which is like every day lol and he just ends the conversation it just makes me sooo mad. How long have you been in a LDR?

Comment

Hi Welcome to LFAD. you will find very good people here and great advices.
        ((stay strong))

Comment

Hello! Welcome to LFAD
          LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
          Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
          Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Hi there! This place is the best for advice and friendship! Welcome!
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Hi and welcome! I hope you find all the advice you need

Comment

Thanks everyone. How did you all find the site? And how long have you been in a LDR?

Comment

Welcome to this site.

I would also say, don't sweat the small stuff. You will learn that they really don't mean anything in the long run.

I found this site by just googling long distance quotes. and I have been in my LDR for 2 years..well we have been "together" for a year, but started talking 2 years ago. We have not met in person yet.

Comment

Hey, welcome to the forums! Fighting over distance is hard. What I suggest is finding a way you two can sit and talk about your communication problems - like a no fight zone, it's all just peace talks in this spot - and then see if you can find a way for you to work through your problems/disagreements without fighting.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Working...
                    X