X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Barcelona!

Hi all!
    I am a colombian girl living in Barcelona. I'm new to the city because I moved less than 2 months ago to attend Grad school.

I'm also newbie to this site, I joined yesterday and I hope I can find some support and good energies from all you people out there that like me are in a long distance relationship.

My boyfriend is German and we met in Chicago last year in summer. I was an Au Pair and have met his brother first so it was him whom introduced each other.
    We are so much in love and willing to make this relationship work and perhaps someday break the distance. On wednesday it'll be 14 months of being "together" and we are going strong! In fact, in an exact 1 month I will be traveling to Hamburg to spend the holidays with him and his family; we are both very excited and looking forward to it!
    So, if you guys can give me advices on what to get his mom and brothers for xmas, it'll be truly appreciated. =)

Thank you for reading and looking forward to make some friends here!

Welcome!

I loooooove BCN!!! I was there last year with school. BEAUTIFUL city!! And I actually live in Germany myself, near Munich.

I'm sure you'll find all the help you need here. I'm also pretty new, but the people are all so open and welcoming.
    As for your gift question: get them something typical of Columbian culture, if you can get something in Barcelona. If not, then just get them s.th. nice from Barcelona. A nice fan for the mom maybe (I saw some gorgeous ones while I was there).

Comment

Hi! Welcome to LFAD
      LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
      Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
      Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! =)
        Yeah I will do the christmas shopping soon but unfortunately I can not get them anything from Colombia being here in Barcelona but like you said, I might get them something local.
        So cool you are from Germany; I am trying to learn german and so far I know basic things and lot of random words haha. I recently found online a german band from Munich called "Jamaram" and I like some of their songs. =)

Comment

Thank you Paperbakcwriter! =)

Comment

Welcome to the forums, LB.

As for gifts - I always recommend a good bottle of wine for parents, but for his brothers, you're probably better off asking your SO. ^^

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Hola y bienvenido a LFAD

De Donde eres en Colombia?

That's about as far as my spanish goes.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

Hi and welcome!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Hello! and welcome! I live close to Chicago, and even though it's been the cause of my LDR, it's a fun city.
                      [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

Working...
                      X