Hi from Quebec!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Quebec!

Hi all I was looking at the website from time to time since june, but I figured I might as well try and be part of the community

A little about my story I guess :
    I'm in an LDR since june, extremely happy with the guy... never felt like this! Only thing is, I live in Quebec, he lives in Ontario, so there's the language barrier (well, I speak english as you can see, but my first language is french and so is most of the province... he has yet to learn :/ although he has a pretty good base, he doesn't trust himself enough!) Oh well. So we've been together 5 months... planning on closing the distance somewhere around april. I grew up in sherbrooke, lived 4 years in montreal and have been in quebec 4 years now. Since I moved a lot, I don't have a lot of real close friends and feel lonely whenever my SO isn't around ... figured I'd be a bit more social .. even if it's just online I know other people here might feel like I do

Well... looking forward to a part of the lovely community <3
    Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;
    and all of my base belongs to you!

Welcome to LFAD - the language difference may be there, but at least you both know English, and the cultural connection of both being Canadian probably helps. I hope you're able to close the distance easily!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, I'm sure you'll find lots of friends and advice on here

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I hear Quebec is nice, i've never been there, I actually have never left my little bubble here in Ontario.

If you close the distance where will you be living in Quebec or Ontario?

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Hi there
          Welcome to LFAD!
          LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
          Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
          Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Bonjour mademoiselle!
            Commet ca va?

Haha, welcome to LFAD!
            I'm in BC, fellow Canadian here
            Had to take French in school...but haven't practiced it in a few years so if its wrong I apologize! My dictionary on here in unfortunately English and not French.
            You ARE going to love it here, I was a lurker first before I joined..it was actually after I realized there was a forum after a few months *blushes*
            I look forward to hearing more about your relationship!

Comment

Yay, another Canadian! Glad that you decided to join, I'm sure you'll love it.

"You know it's love when you want to keep holding hands even after you're sweaty."
              -- Anonymous

Comment

Well already you're all very welcoming :P didn't know there were so many canadians here hahaha

Quebec is a very nice city, I love it. We're planning on closing the distance next april. At first he was supposed to come live here in january but we changed our plans. He has to learn french first so he's supposed to register for a class from january to april ... then he'll move with me... I have an appartment, a good job which i can't get a transfer from .. he lives with his mom and works at a starbucks, so it's easier for him to come here. I'm scared he won't make it though .. learning a new language is hard and he has a lot of friends in ontario!! Well I guess time will tell he's doing a lot of effort for us to work out so I'm guessing i'm worried over nothing I'm looking forward to talk to you all and thanks for all the good words
                Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF;
                and all of my base belongs to you!

Comment

Welcome to the community!

Comment

Welcome Welcome Welcome!
                    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

welcome,

and im new to this & i've already felt a lot of comfort here!

maybe someone can help me though?

how do i make a post? D':

lol
                      I believe that two people are connected at the heart and it doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you live. There are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together - Julia Roberts

Comment

Hey there and welcome! I hope you get to make a lot of friends here, and since you have a diverse cultural background and speak a few languages you should be able to meet plenty of interesting people.
                        Luckily for your SO you know a lot of english though! You may have to give him some french lessons!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the community! I definitely know how you feel, I just moved from where I grew up to Chicago, and I have no friends at all here. I've decided to look to the internet for the time being to help me get a proper dosage of socializing! I'm sure you'll love it here, I've been posting actively for almost a week now, and it's a great community.
                            [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

Working...
                            X