Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Little Introduction From the New Girl!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Little Introduction From the New Girl!

Hey. I've posted around the boards but have yet to make a formal introduction. (Please bear with me, I suck at these things).

My name is Alexa (I go by Lexi) and I'm 22 years old.

I moved from Baltimore, Md (<3) to a little town about 45 minutes from Chicago, Il. (</3).
    My dad had to relocate because of his job, and I was forced to uproot with my parents since I don't have the funds to support myself... and, I honestly hate it here. I live in a rich, snobby town, so there's really no one my age around. My dad is kind of an inconsiderate jerk and my mom is kind of a lazy pushover, so I don't get much support from either one of them... so, in short, I've been really lonely and alienated... and I'm someone who strives on social connections.

I've been with Scott (who's 22 and living in Baltimore) since April, but we've been in a LDR since August. I'm so in love with him, it's crazy. Before I met him, I was a bit "wild" and I really had no intention of settling down with anyone anytime soon. But after a couple of weeks talking to him, I completely changed my mind. I fell, and I fell fast for him! So, when we found out I had to move, breaking up wasn't even an option. We both have tried LDR in the past and failed (obviously) but this time we're older, and know what we want. We're not about to let something so amazing go because of a couple hundred miles.

It hasn't been as horrible as I expected, we're still so happy and talk everyday through phone calls, texts, Skype, Facebook and Xbox. But I miss actually being with him physically... and I'm trying my best to make it back home to him. We're planning on moving in together when I get back, and I just hope we can stick it out for the next 6 months-year. at this point, I have no doubts.

I'm SO glad I came across this site. We've already done some of the things on the list and I'm saving a couple ideas for when/if things start to get boring. It's so nice to have other people to talk to who know what I'm going through.

so that's me. Hello to everyone here at LFAD!
    [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Hi Lexi! Welcome to LFAD (officially, lol). I love your avatar- you two are so cute!
    LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
    Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
    Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Hi Lexi!

Man that does sound rough. But I'm glad your staying positive. And 6months - 1 year to close the distance is definitely do-able. There are some people on here that have been LD for a long amount of years, still with no foreseeable way to close the distance (and to those people I tip my hat to you - your amazing and an inspiration to the rest of us!)

This site is awesome! I was a little bit unsure at first, only having been on one forum before in my life (although that was where I met my SO!) but honestly dive right in with replies and questions and stuff - everyone's really awesome
        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

PaperbackWriter - Aw thank you! I love that picture of us!

paulawriteslove - thanks! I'm loving it here so far.

London-FortCollins - Thanks for the encouragement. It's been difficult, but it's also been kind of exciting.
          [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

Hi Lexi, Welcome!

Comment

Working...
            X