Hey, you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, you.

I've never been good at talking about myself, but I'll give it a try.

My name is Jenn. I'm currently a freshman at a small college in North Carolina. I met my boyfriend in January of 2009 and we were dating before the month was over, so it's been about a year and a month in the making. In August, I left for school and he stayed in New York. We've got about 750 miles between us. I see him once every couple of months; sometimes it's only for a day, sometimes it's longer. On February 26th, for example, we both have Spring Break, so we'll be coming home to spend the week together. Then we probably won't see each other until the summer starts in the middle of May.

As for me, well, I'm not the sort of person who could ever see herself joining a long-distance relationship community. I see myself as somewhat anti-romantic, a girl not so comfortable with admitting she's in love. But lately the distance has seemed more difficult than usual, and I thought I'd come here to get some support, or at least to read stories of similar-minded folks.

The best way to know what I'm all about is to look at my bookshelf, really. I all but cried the day the New York Times announced the death of J.D. Salinger. I'm aiming to be an English major, perhaps even a double major in English and Political Science. I've never looked up to anyone as much as I look up to Bobby Kennedy, who has unfortunately been dead far too long for me to carry such a torch. In my spare time, I like to listen to music (I brought a record player and vinyl collection with me to school), drink Diet Pepsi, dance in my socks, and write fiction.

welcome!
    its so good to have you here : )
    Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
    And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
    ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

Hi Jenn, welcome
      In a relationship with

Read mine & Tanja's story here!

My Albums:
      Summer 2009 / Xmas 2009
      Summer 2010: Part 1 & Part 2
      My dog Sam ♥

Comment

Welcome - you sound like fun! Haha.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Dance in your socks, lol! Welcome to LFAD Jenn

Comment

WELCOME!!!

Comment

Dance in your socks, sing in the shower eat spray cheese on ritz crackers..doesn't matter what you do as long as it's fun and relatively safe! Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Jenn!!
                  "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
                  "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
                  "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Working...
                  X