Hallo y'all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallo y'all

Dunno if I'm allowed to post around here, really, cause... I'm not in an LDR. I have been in the past, a few times actually. None of them lasted very long.

I think I'm cursed when it comes to LDRs lol. (feel free to skip this paragraph is you want, I won't blame you :P ) First one after a few months the guy up and stopped talking to me and just vanished. (He returned a few years later and said he was sorry and that he was just going through some stupid things at the time, or something.) The second one actually moved in with me 4 months in, then moved back out 2 months later and it went back to an LDR, and a week later he said "we should just be friends" and never talked to me again. Jerk stole some of my stuff too, stuff that isn't even worth money (a painting I made and a DVD of a project my friends and I made). Then the next I had known for a few years online and was with for a few months, then the guy cheated on me with his ex a few weeks before my bday and he was supposed to come out and see me. And the most recent lasted "2 years". Reason I say that in quotes is cause she would up ad VANISH on me for months on end then come back like nothing ever happened. Then she'd be abusive towards me and run me through guilt trips like it was all my fault and I finally said f*ck this, I'm gone and haven't talked to her since. Didn't help that she was married to an abusive man that she didn't love and was twice my age 0.o Needless to say that after all that, I'm a-scared of being in an LDR cause I've lost trust of people.

Cursed, ya? I attract all the crazies, I swear *sigh* Though the guy that cheated on me was sweet as all hell.

Anyhow, I found out about this site through Gaia and I enjoy floating around the forums. I'm a romantic at heart and like seeing that LDRs actually work.

So I'm sorry if I'm not allowed to post around here, but I thought it'd be better to say hi 'stead of just lurk. And I do have the experience, so I could give advice... maybe... :P

Oh right, I'm in California, despite my Southern talkin', lol.

*waves to everyone*

Hi!
    I'm not technically in an LDR just yet, and they haven't kicked me out, so I think you're safe, lol.
    Welcome to LFAD
    LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
    Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
    Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

HIIIIIII and welcome to LFAD and we would never kick you out silly!
      I believe that two people are connected at the heart and it doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you live. There are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together - Julia Roberts

Comment

I don't think we'll kick you out. Welcome to LFAD - you've certainly seen some life, oh my. :O

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to the forums

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Don't be scared of LDRs, I love mine.

Comment

Howdy! Welcome to the forums!

Comment

Welcome and how may I ask on gaia did you find this forum? Was it in the LDR thread in the Life issues section? I ask because I remember posting the link to this forum on there a long time ago XD.

psst: yay for gaia! I hope their christmas event is good this year (going through christmas events from 2006-present we need a good one again like the one from 2008)

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Riyko View Post
                  Welcome and how may I ask on gaia did you find this forum? Was it in the LDR thread in the Life issues section? I ask because I remember posting the link to this forum on there a long time ago XD.

psst: yay for gaia! I hope their christmas event is good this year (going through christmas events from 2006-present we need a good one again like the one from 2008)
                  Ya, I found it in the LDR thread on there. Though I had to google the site to get the url cause the chick who started it didn't actually link to it, just listed it. I decided to check it out ^.^

I'm actually rather new to Gaia and I do believe this will be my first Christmas on the site looking forward to it though

Comment

Welcome! What is gaia?

Comment

Originally posted by agentholli View Post
                      Welcome! What is gaia?
                      Gaia is an online community where you create an avatar and dress it up.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Working...
                      X