Hello Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone!

Hello Everyone. My name is Ashlee; I've been in an LDR for a little over 2 years. I found this site a couple days ago, and wish I would of found it over 2 years ago. I'm still learning the different things on the website, and am trying to get involved as best I can. What I've learned so far is that a lot of the things my boyfriend and I go through are "normal" as I read through some of the couples blogs and stories of the things they are going through. I think this site is great!

My Story:
    My boyfriend and I have been together a little over 2 years, and we "met" a little over 3 years ago. I had some how been on my boyfriend's (Justin) yahoo messenger list, and we started to talk. We had a few conversations within those first few months, but had then lost contact. About a year after our first conversation we had ended up on yahoo messenger again at the same time. I had thought about him often throughout that first year although we hadn't had many conversations. So after we had found each other again I knew I couldn't let him go. We exchanged phone numbers, and a few days (if that) we decided to give a LDR a try. It was all very new to me, and him also. I think we thought we were the only couple who hadn't met in person, and grew to love each other. I now realize we were not that out of the ordinary. Him and I have now been together, and it was a very magical moment for us. You spend a lot of time wondering what that first moment will be like, and it was exactly as I pictured it if not better. I will always cherish that moment, and that first long weekend together. We've had a lot of ups and downs as I know many couples do, but one thing is clear and that is that we only picture each other in our future. I've never felt the way I do about anyone, and I never will. He holds a very special place in my heart.

"No one ever said it would be easy; they just promised it would be worth it. After all anything worth having is worth fighting for". That would be some of my best advice as of lately. 9 times out of 10, you'll be the one telling yourself that because many people don't understand LDR's a lot. I know that what I have isn't always easy but it's definitely worth it!

Hi Ashlee! Welcome to LFAD
    LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
    Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
    Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Welcome Ashlee. Best wishes to you and Justin.
      Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Thank you very much! =)

Comment

So happy to see you here! There is so much in this site, so many wonderful people, and so much to do.
          Kimberly J
          https://kimberlyandvernon.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes, I'm still learning my way around. It is definitely a great site! I'm thrilled I found it.

Comment

welcomeeeee

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, Ashlee! Well, around here we say stuff like that a LOT to each other - this is a great place for support. Jump right in, we're a friendly bunch

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Thank you to all of you! =)

Comment

welcome ashlee
                    I believe that two people are connected at the heart and it doesn't matter what you do or who you are or where you live. There are no boundaries or barriers if two people are destined to be together - Julia Roberts

Comment

I am a little late in the welcoming, but welcome! This place is great. I also thought I was the only one that had an LDR before I found this site...lol

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Working...
                        X