Hello from Australia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Australia!

Hello everyone. I am from Melbourne, Australia and my boyfriend lives in Brisbane, Australia (1700km or 1056 miles away) We have been together for just 2 months now and met on a dating site. It all started because he had his location filters set wrongly! But I am glad he did because he is my perfect man.

This long distance thing is really hard, especially on the weekend when I have a lot of spare time, or when I am upset and just need a hug. I don't know how those of you who are in international relationships do it, you guys are truly amazing. I just know that it will all be worth it in the end when we can finally live in the same state and same house and spend the rest of our lives together, but it gets hard to keep that in mind sometimes.

I am just lucky to have met him and lucky that I get to spend time with him (usually every 2-3 weeks), and hopefully this long distance thing won't last too much longer.

Hello to you! Welcome! I just joined this site as you did, and I think you will find that it will help when you are feeling the emotions of being in a LDR. My boyfriend and I have been together a little over 2 years, and we live about the same distance apart as you and your boyfriend. It is definitely very hard at times, but it is so WORTH it! When you can't imagine them not in your life it just becomes something you deal with and push through in you daily life. You are very lucky to get to see your boyfriend as often as you do. I wish I could see mine that often; better yet be with them every day as we'd like. =) Again...welcome!

Comment

Hey, welcome to LFAD, Tara. My Boyfriend is Australian, lives in NSW near Canberra. Nice to see some more Ozzies on here. ^^

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Hi there! Welcome to LFAD
        LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
        Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
        Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Thats kinda funny, because that is how I met Mark..on a dating site, and his location was set wrong also. Welcome here!

Comment

my girlfriend is in Australia...Adelaide
            i'm in New York

Comment

Welcome to the forums!

Comment

G'day. Nice to see another Aussie on the forums. Hope you find all the help and support you desire!
                Carrots xx
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Welcome Tara....
                  Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
                  X