Hi from (usually) sunny New Mexico!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from (usually) sunny New Mexico!

I pretty much grew up in DC, but a few years ago I moved out here to New Mexico because it's much cheaper and the weather's nicer. A few months before I left, my best friend had enough financial difficulties that she had to move back home-- to Canada.

Fast forward to this October-- My friend decided she was going to go to the Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear, and because of a confluence of initially unfortunate events, I was able to go back to DC, too. Because of the crowds, the rally didn't work out so well, but we met up elsewhere and had a grand old time catching up. I also got to meet a friend of hers, whom she'd met after moving back to Canada. He seemed nice enough, and I remember noticing a certain something in his eyes, but my primary focus was my friend-- I had sworn not to get involved with anyone until I have my degree, as I'm finally back in college, and I also didn't know if he was 'fair game' or not.

Afterward, he friended me on Facebook, and we started messaging each other, initially about politics and such. I realized within a couple of weeks that I was fully engaged in these discussions, that even our disagreements were respectful, and that he was a very sweet man. By that point I had established that my friend did not have an interest in him, but I still had college to think about so I kept quiet. A couple weeks ago, though, he admitted that he had a crush on me, and at that point, I lost all my resolve. We're still at the "figuring this thing out" stage, and may not really be comfortable calling it a relationship until March, when I'll go up to visit him and my friend for my spring break. Still, barring some weird concern that only shows up in person and wasn't noticed when we met, I think he's perfect for me, and hope we can make this work.

As far as me specifically, I'm currently studying computer info systems with a database concentration at our local community college, and from there I'll transfer to a 4-year university for a bachelors and then I want to get a masters in library science. I'm a gamer geek-- video games, tabletop RPGs, a little collectible card gaming now and then. I also knit, when my wrists allow it. I dread the idea of winters in Canada, but I also know that I'm adaptable and resilient, and if things go well it makes more sense for me to move north than him to move south.

Welcome to LFAD! We're here for support for all levels of LDR - so if there's anything we can help with, let us know.

I'm a gamer gal myself - my SO and I met on WoW, which is funny because we don't play it right now. We're going to get around to playing it now that Cata's out. XD I love tabletop, but it's so hard to find a good, dramafree group.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

What part of Canada is he from?

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!

Comment

Riyko, he's in Brampton.

Comment

Welcome I was born in New Mexico and lived there for eight years (my dad was in the air force).

Comment

Originally posted by Gelfling View Post
              Riyko, he's in Brampton.
              Ah, I've been to Brampton before , it's not that far from me.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Welcome to the site. I hope you enjoy it here

Comment

Working...
                X