Hi everyone from has not been sunny for days southern California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone from has not been sunny for days southern California

The automatic would have been sunny California, but this place has not seen the sun since it started raining nonstop last...Friday. And its going to rain till Wednesday. UGH.

My name is Grace, and I'm a 20 year old soCal native, also attending school here. Ok, relative native. I immigrated to the states when I was 8 from China, and I've been in soCal ever since. Just got back from a semester abroad in Beijing, China, and am finding it so hard to fit in. Probably mostly because I met a guy I really really like there, but of course in the end we had to go our separate ways as I had to come back here.

We're not a couple, as neither he nor I saw the logic in making it official when it would be undetermined how long we can be with each other in the future, or whether there will be future visits. I personally am pretty sure there will be, as I have to visit family in a different province in China yearly, and I could easily earn my own money for a hotel stay and food in Beijing. However, the bigger question we're already thinking of is the eventual future-we just don't see a time where we can date like a normal couple. He's 25, out of school, and doing his own thing. I'm not going to be done with school for years, and afterwards will definitely work here. I could probably never live with myself if he moved here for me.

Anyways, that depressing part aside, about me! I'm a Leo to the core, with a slightly lower degree of necessity for attention and flamboyance. I love activity-all kinds of sports and exercises. I love what's fun, what's exciting, and what's new(thus, Beijing made me happy every day). My hobbies, aside from exercising as a whole, include watching anime and dramas, trying my hand at writing, photography, and working on learning languages. Sure, some of language education is a class, but I love the sound of foreign languages, so learning it is almost a hobby!

Welcome to LFAD. I just wanted to comment on your dating normally comment - you can date normally from long distance. You can have dates where you sit, eat and talk together - the difference is you're not touching, and there are people who have strict no touching while dating policies, so there's not much difference in LDR video chat dating and that. Just sayin'!

I'm a lover of foreign languages, myself. I learned 5 while in college.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Yea, but I can't help but feel like I'm being incredibly silly about being this attached. This is the first closest thing I've had to a boyfriend, and realism(and practically everyone else around me except a mutual friend who also came to study abroad with me and is friends with him) tells me that I should give the F*** up, but settle for the fact that he can still be a penpal/friend.

It's what they've all been telling me anyways "You're young, the road ahead of you is long, you'll meet many other people, etc, etc...

Comment

Welcome! My boyfriend lives in Hong Kong and he is half English, half Chinese so I've learned something about the Chinese culture. Mainland is of course quite different to HK. We are planning on visiting Beijing this year and I'm really looking forward to it.

I agree with Silviar - it is possible to date online as well. Of course him living in Beijing can add some challenges as I know how they tend to block many sites there. I hope you notice on here that (even a little trickier) long-distance relationships can work!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Working...
          X