Hi I'm Jenny, but I'm not on a beach...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi I'm Jenny, but I'm not on a beach...

Hi! I've been using the website for the list of things to do in an LDR for a couple months now and I guess I realized I should introduce myself on here!

I'm Jenny, my SO is Seth. I'm living in Germany right now, Seth lives in South Carolina. We're both Americans, both in the Air Force, which is why I live in Germany. We met in Kuwait over the summer. We were both deployed doing the same job, which was to watch contractors and make sure they weren't trying to steal anything or try to steal information. Anyway, we both had a blast in Kuwait and about half way through we started dating. Towards the end of Kuwait I started to get really clingy and tried to mash in all the physical contact I could before we left, which had really creeped him out. I thought we were done when we left but a couple days after we got to our own homes, we had this long conversation about what we wanted and what would be best for us in the long run. Basically, we entered into a LDR.

So long story short, we've gotten through the usual pit falls of a LDR (You would tell me if you cheated, right????? and I don't get enough attention from you... and You aren't very romantic, you know that?) and I know that we are a stronger couple because of it. Tomorrow is our 6 month anniversary!

One of the latest hurdles we've gone through was just this past week with what to expect in the future. We've made it a habit of not talking about things that are too far in the future. Plans change and things happen and there's no use in talking about things that just may never happen. However. I've been kinda trying to feel around for where we're headed after we both separate from the military next Oct. I need to start looking at options for going to school next year, and I kinda wanted to know if I need to be looking in my home state of Georgia or in his home state of Indiana. I didn't get much feedback on it and well, I got a little upset. He calmed me down though and said that he doesn't want to break up with me for any reason and he never wants to be in an LDR with again and that when the time comes, we will make it work. God, I love this man!

I will see him again in Feb. when I fly home again. I'll spend a week with my family and then a week with him! Yeah, I can't wait!!!

Welcome to the Forums!

First Met Online: May 08
    Became a Couple: 4.11.09
    First Visit: 7.27.11 - 8.11.11
    Second Visit: 9.15.12 - 9.23.12
    Third Visit: 7.6.13 - 7.14.13

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

I love your story it's very different and unique

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Welcome!! and good luck with everything. I hope you two talk it out some more so you both are completely on the same page.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Madly in love with Michael

Comment

welcome, i hope you enjoy your visit with your family and him!

Comment

Welcome...

Happy Anniversary....
              Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Jenny! I hope you can find the middle road in the future where you'll both be happy
                I loved your story, it's very unique!

If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!! Nice to meet you..
                    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

welcome to LFAD, love how your guys met (and I think I smell wedding bells )
                        Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Welcome! I hope you love it here as much as I do. Everyone's pretty much awesome. :]

Comment

Working...
                          X