Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to survive...

Hello everyone,
    So glad I found this site. I do not like haaving long-distance relationships. When I was in the military I would end up sabotaging a relationship after I left for my next duty station or deployed and it didn't matter how much I liked the guy or if he begged me to stay with him. Now, I would like to finally sit down and enjoy a relationship. I'm always in a career that causes me to go away from my man. Since getting out of the military I've started working overseas as a contractor. I met this man that I decided to try the long distance relationship thing with... I'm in love and there is no doubt that he is in love with me...I told my honey how there are times where it seems I can't cope with having the distance. He is so supportive and we do as much as we can do to accommodate one another. I don't really want to talk to my co-workers about my feelings because the majority of them end up sleeping around even if they are married. That is not my style at all. I stay faithful if I say I am faithful. Hopefully there is someone that I can relate to who likes to stay faithful to their love, too. What do you do when you have those thoughts that sometimes makes you want to give up, go home and quit your job just to be with your honey? Any suggestions of encouragement?

Do you have Skype? Skype helped me get through MANY days being in my LDR. While I would still have the urge to jump on a plane and see him, it would help to just talk with him. Also, handwritten letters and set visitation days are great! They give you something to look forward to and a reason not to jump on a plane last minute. Best of luck! <3 Rae
    If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together...there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart...I’ll always be with you.

~ Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I feel that way, I would give anything to be with Mark. BUt it can't happen. Logically speaking, we have to have our responsibilities also. You sound like you are willing and wanting to make this work, so it will work!

Welcome to the forums

Comment

When I feel that way, I go to my comfort zone - I take a step back, and I think about *why* I'm doing my job. And I'm doing it because I want to be with my honey. The money is what will secure our future together. I don't know if it's the same for you, but I find knowing what I'm doing is helping us helps me.

Welcome to the forums.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

For me it comes down to this.

If I have to be away from him now...then so be it. Because a lifetime without him is not something I want to choose. He is the one.
          NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
          X