Just me saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just me saying hello

I have just discovered this website and its comforting to know i'm not the only one going through this stuff!

I am 23 and met my English boyfriend last December in Germany. It was at a Christmas party two weeks before I was set to go home to Canada. We hung out 11 of the 14 days before I went home. We continued to email everyday after I left. I had planned to go back to germany in a few months but because of him I was back there within 4 weeks. I didn't have a plan when I went back. We hung out almost everyday. The only visa I could get wasn't the one I wanted, so he let me stay with him the month before I went home in May

I convinced him to come visit me in Canada and do some traveling so three months later he quit his job applied for a visa and came to travel. We took a road trip for 7 weeks down the west coast of Canada and the USA then up though Vegas and the grand canyon. When we got back the skilled workers visa he had applied for was sent back declined due to not hiring in his field at the time.

He stayed with me and my parents for the three months after traveling. They loved him! He went back home two days before Christmas. We don't know when we are going to see each other next which sucks. He can apply for a holiday working visa here but they are not accepting applications till mid/end January. I would like to go to the uk for a bit but I need to save up enough money to apply for a visa there, so its kind of a waiting game at the moment.

If you live in Canada, and he lives in the UK. There should be no problems with a tourist visa via the VWP (visa waiver program). Basically you just board an aircraft and fly over, on the aircraft you get a little green card to fill out stating that you are only entering the country for purposes of visiting and not actually working. Once there you can stay for up to 90 days before you HAVE to fly home again.

BTW, welcome to the forums . And if you need some advice on flying, I flew back and forth to the USA from England for 4 years before moving her permanently.
    Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Thanks.
      He was here on a tourist visa for 5 months. I would like to go there but I don't have the money to just go any visit for an extended period of time without work. I am hoping to apply for a youth mobility visa which would allow me to work there for up to two years.

Comment

Welcome! I also thought that I was the only one in an LDR before I found this website. This place is really great for advice and such.

Comment

Hi there! Welcome to LFAD
          LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
          Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
          Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Welcome to the forums. I understand how you feel - applying for a visa and going over to Australia for me costs a pretty penny as well. I suggest giving yourself an action plan and a budget so you can save up enough money, and work really hard towards your goals. You can do it!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Hi welcome.
              I hope things work out for you two.
              And yes... you're not alone. I also took a lot of comfort in that thought when I found this place.

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!!

Comment

Welcome...best wishes to you and your boyfriend.
                  Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Welcome. This place is SO supportive and always someone who can help and understand!!!
                    NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                    X