Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saying Hello

Hi,

It's nice to know I'm not alone. My SO and I met last April, he's from the UK and I'm from Canada. He came here to Canada in July for 3 months and then returned to the UK to work. I returned with him in October to meet his family and explore Britain for 2 weeks. I have since come home to work and carry on with my life here. We talk everyday, whether its MSN or texts or phone.

I will see him again in a little over a week , I'm soooo excited!!

This holiday season was hard, I admit. I wanted to be with him for the holidays, but it just couldn't happen. Work schedules and money an issue.

I get upset sometimes, because I feel like people around me who are close, don't understand. Does anyone else feel like that? I think they try to be supportive and then they have their SO at home waiting for them.

Thanks for listening

Oh yes...I feel that way also. This is a great place to come for understanding. Welcome!

Comment

Hi! Welcome to LFAD
      LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
      Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
      Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

It's good people are trying to be supportive, even if they don't understand. Trying in my book counts for a lot, though. Welcome to the forums.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Hey welcome.
          Yes... people are around you is not really able to understand, unless they've been through the same thing. I woke up this morning to an update on facebook by a friend who wrote several lines about missing her SO and nobody seemed to understand how hard it was. (They can't have been apart more than 2 days.)
          That's also why I searched for a community like this To find people who are going through the same thing. Hope you'll like it here.

Comment

This community has been so helpful to me, I don't feel as lonely as I use to. People here UNDERSTAND. Unless someone truly goes through it, we can't expect them to. Welcome to LFAD! Look forward to getting to know you!
            NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!

Comment

Originally posted by MJs Girl View Post
                I get upset sometimes, because I feel like people around me who are close, don't understand.
                I totally get this. Whether it's because we're young, we haven't been together for a long time, or the fact that yes, we are LD, lots of people aren't supportive or don't take it seriously.
                When people get me down, that's when I count on the SO most. As I've said in another post, it seriously sucks sometimes and it feels like it's us against the world. But with him on my side, I can take on anything and win.

Anyhoodles, it's nice to have you here! I'll step down off my soapbox now. :]

Comment

Welcome and I too feel that same way....
                  Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
                  X