No announcement yet.

Howdy :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks! It is a wonderful opportunity for him - basically he gets paid to travel! It's really important to me that he gets to live out his dreams. I don't want to ever make him feel tied down. I just spoke with him last night. He looked through the scrapbook that I put together of our trip, full of memories. We've been texting a lot. He doesn't have Internet set up in Egypt yet (a few days, fingers crossed), so we haven't been able to Skype. I miss him tons! I was having a rough moment last night, feeling terribly sad. This is a challenge, but a good one. I just started a company about 6 months ago, and I need lots of time to run that. He needs him time to travel and explore. I think this is a good thing for us both right now. I can't wait to see him again and I hope we're able to make it work. Thanks for the support. :-)

Comment

I think it's great that you have such a positive attitude in regards to the distance! It's wonderful that you can acknowledge that this is a good thing for the two of you right now, despite how difficult the distance can be sometimes .

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleDreamer View Post
        I think it's great that you have such a positive attitude in regards to the distance! It's wonderful that you can acknowledge that this is a good thing for the two of you right now, despite how difficult the distance can be sometimes .
        Thank you! I always try to look at the positive. There is always good and bad to EVERY situation, why not focus on the good? It's very fresh right now, so it may be easy for me to say that... All I know is that I've met an amazing man and I'm not giving him up without a fight! Before he left, he said that he wanted to come to my town (Vancouver) next November (for 4 months) and then I would move down to Australia (where he lives) for 3 or 4 months to check it out. Then we would decide where we would both live. We have only known each other for 6 weeks, but the time we spent together was intense. We went on two weekend trips and spend almost every day together. I feel like I've known him for much longer - does that make sense? We just clicked right away. He is such a sweet and wonderful man. Seeing him tear up at the airport broke my heart. :-( I know there will be tough times, but I feel that absence is making our hearts grow fonder... The only challenge I'm facing right now is feeling like I'm half way between being single and in a relationship. Does that make sense? I get to enjoy the benefits of both being single and independent, and in a relationship. I'm finding it hard to be in this grey area, as I usually do things all or nothing... It may take me a while to adjust. I haven't been feeling very social since he left. I'm finding it hard to relate to my single friends as most want to go out an party, and the "relationship me" isn't really into that. It's quite a strange feeling... Has anyone else felt the same way???

Comment

Originally posted by punkpain View Post
          Hi there. Welcome! If you want advice feel free to ask on the forums. Everyone is very helpful and pron to give more advice than I am sure you need. But in all honesty I think it helps alot knowing we are all in the same situation.
          We like being prone!
          lol.

Ok so hi and welcome! It is awesome to see more new faces coming in. LFAD is such an awesome place for us LDR'ers.

I've definitely felt, a time or two, like I am not quite single but not quite in a relationship either. The great thing about my friends...most of them aren't single so I don't have to worry about them wanting to go out and party it up and taking me with them..which is good cause I've never been much of a partyer anyway. I mean having a bonfire and a few drinks with friends and family sure but (I am so a country girl) going out bar hopping and whatever not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleDreamer View Post
            Remember that positivity I was feeling? It seems to be waning now... I miss him so much... I have so many things that I'm unsure of with him... He seems to have a not-so-great view of long distance relationships, which makes me really nervous. What if he decides that it's all too much for him? What if it's too much for me? I am very emotionally drained right now... today was an awful day... I wonder if it's normal to be having so many doubts... This feels like an emotional roller coaster. Does it get better? Is it always harder at first or does it get harder later on? How do I get reassurance without scaring him off? I don't want to push him for too many answers because we're still getting to know each other and I don't want to force it too much... Ack. I'm terrible as this!!! Help. :-(

Comment

Working...
            X