Greetings from NY's Hudson Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from NY's Hudson Valley

Hello everyone. I tend not to post on forums or message boards much, and usually just end up trolling for information. But after browsing the website and reading all the wonderful advice here I just felt compelled to post a little hello and introduction about myself and soon to be long distance relationship.

So I'm from the Hudson Valley in New York. Last year I studied for two semesters in Germany and only reluctantly came back state side to finish my degree after my year was up. I'll admit I was a pretty bitter SOB for those first bunch of months back in NY. Having had such an amazing and completely liberating experience in Germany, coming back to a normal American university to finish my degree in small town NY was not high on my list of things to do.

After I arrived back, I had sworn myself off of American women and told myself that I could only be happy if I was involved with a European woman. But something extraordinary happened to me one fateful night. While at a party, that I didn't even want to go to, I met the most amazing girl. She totally took me by surprise. After a couple of dates we became officially involved, and I could not be happier. She has become such a light in my life. A life that was so bitter with longing for Germany. I absolutely love her.

But, unfortunately she is going to be studying abroad in Germany next semester. Berlin specifically. She'll be leaving in a few weeks and then I won't be get to see her for at least 3 months. The thought of it has me a little down, but I know that she should study abroad if she can, and in Berlin of all places! Such an amazing city. But I'm going to miss her like the dickens (that's a turn of phrase right =P).

Wow that kind of turned into a long version. But thank you for reading, and I'm looking forward to being a member of this community. And any advice or tips is always appreciated =).

-Mike

Hi welcome and thanks for introducing yourself.
    Hope you will like it here.

Comment

Hi! Welcome to LFAD
      LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
      Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
      Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

WElcome to LFAD. You'd be surprised how many people met in a similar fashion to you. Jump on in, the water's fine.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to the forums - don't be shy We're all here to help!

Comment

Hey Mike...welcome!
            Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
            X