Hey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey!

I don't want to be a lurker so I will post my intro. My name is Lori. I am 32. My boyfriend is Joe. He is 42. We've been together for almost 2 years. Our relationship has been long distance on and off. Our first 18 months were all LD. He worked on the road, his 4 kids live in another state and I'm in NC with my 4 year old daughter. From July until two days ago he lived here with me. He thought the job he landed here would pay enough to provide the ability to travel back to his kids every other weekend as he had always done while he was on the road but it just didn't work out that way. So for many reasons I understand 200%, he had to accept a job 10 hours away (and 3 hours away from his kids vs. 10 hours) and he left two days ago. So I probably have it a lot better than a lot of people in an LDR, but its still tough. Our plan is to still see each other every other weekend. Starting this summer there may be a possibilty I could spend one week there and one week here. My ex husband and I share custody of our daughter 50/50 and we're moving to a week on/week off schedule since she will be starting kindergarten in the fall. At this point, I have her 4 days a week and he has her 3. Since I am kind of down that I thought the distance was over and now its back to it, I am really glad I found this board. I've been reading some of the posts and stories and it makes me feel so much more positive about the whole thing. I look forward to getting to know people here and finding some people who get it because no one in my life really seems to understand (A) how we can do this and (B) how I could ever have days where I'm down because "I knew this was the way it would be when I got into it" (kind of insensitive I think...). I feel a lot better reading all the advice here so thank you in advance!

Hi! Welcome to LFAD
    LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
    Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
    Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Hi there! Welcome to LFAD! My SO and I both are in our fourties and we live 7 hours apart.

Lots of support awaits you here!
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Hi welcome!
        Thanks for introducing yourself.
        I hope you'll like being here.

Comment

hello, and welcome to lfad. i think you'll find lots of understanding and support here

Comment

Welcome to the forums!!

Comment

Hey Lori. Welcome to LFAD. I understand what you mean about insensitive people. That's why I don't "share" a lot with my friends when it comes to my relationship.

Hang in there...things will be okay....
              Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
              X