Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding true love at 42 and then having to be apart just doesn't seem fair. ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding true love at 42 and then having to be apart just doesn't seem fair. ..

I was married for a long time to the wrong person for the wrong reasons - divorced now for almost five years. The last two years I've dated with very little success, in fact last June I said I'm done - everyone is crazy. In late July I spotted a new face at the gym, we began talking and went on a first date and then it was a whirlwind - we both realized we were falling in love. From the beginning he was honest and told me he was going to have to move back to ATL for work by December. I want to be with him and he with me so in mid November I helped him move 6 hours away. We do get to see one another at least once a month but I still feel my heart break each time we part. I trust him fully and he trusts me. It will be at least 7 months to a year before we can be together and that hurts so badly. I ask God why would he have allowed me to meet this man who completes me and then put these circumstances into play - I hold onto my faith and my love and the future - it just gets so very difficult and harder with each parting and goodbye. Thanks for reading - I find strength in the true experience on this site.

Welcome to LFAD.

Yeah, it's hard when you come out of a committed relationship/through a divorce, only to find someone who lives far away. I met my SO as my marriage was falling apart. I couldn't believe that out of all the people that I could meet, the person I loved and who loved me lived across the world. XD

If you need anything, whether advice or support, feel free to post. We're pretty open and welcoming here.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

I am almost 42, two years ago....I came out of a 14 year marriage and three children. Lived a life of day to day routiene.. didn't want to be hurt again..but found a man online that I fell completely in love with, who happened to be in NH and me in NY...7 hours away.

It has been since Decemeber 2009. It has been a wonderful blessing to have him in my life, but it has been so horrrible to finally have the man of my dreams...but yet have my life on pause till his house sells and he moves here.

I float from happy to sad daily and if it wasn't for this website I would feel totally alone. We ALL understand. SO very much.
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

I'm 40, same story - came out of an 8 year marriage, was completely good on my own, then fell for a co-worker and friend in Finland, and I'm in the US I just kind of look at it like as hard as it is to be apart, life is so much better with him in it. I've waited this long for him to show up, after all! I'm glad you found this place, you aren't alone here.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Best wishes to you and your S/O. I feel your pain for many reasons. You are not alone.
          Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Working...
          X